Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountains / Great Plains
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
A Salesman who cares

I know this may sound corny, but I REALLY need some people who own Toyota's in the Denver, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo area to post here, just so I can get some real feedback on gas mileage and car handling for this region. I had a 2008 Yaris 3door liftback with a manual tranny (and LOTS of upgrades) and I was getting 38 MPG average. I did notice a slight power loss when I moved up here though. Not to mention they use 85 grade gas here. I like to give customers honest feedback on the gas mileage of different cars, and a LOT of customers here seem to get 40 or better in the Yaris, and 34 to 38 in the Corolla. The main let down is the Yaris is very weak in anything past 2nd gear, in both auto's and manuals. The Corolla seems to do the same in both high altitude as low altitude, so no worries there. But seriously, gas mileage, how it feels power wise, and any mods would be awesome to know. Thanks.

p.s.- I work at Pueblo Toyota, so feel free to ask me ANYTHING. Honest answers only.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
My MPG's range from 28 in the winter ( I do let the car warmup) to 35 during the summer. This is all with short trips and some slightly heavier wheels/tires than stock. I actually think I would do much better if not for the hills all around where I live. I also think the ethanol gas shaves a bit off too.

I know location plays a big part because when I visited my family in Maryland last year I had no problem hitting 40mpg driving around there.

I live in the Springs just west of I-25.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote