Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Kluak

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan charcoal
Question Viper Alarm System

I have a Viper alarm system in my 07 yaris. We bought it this way from a private party so i am unsure of the model.

When we bought it 3 of the 4 doors didnt lock or unlock with the remote. But the back passenger side door was the only one working but the alarm would work (the lights flash when you hit the lock/unlock button and if you opened the door with it activated the horn would sound and lights would go off.)

But now none of the doors work including the back passenger side door and the only thing the alarm does now is flash lights and make it so you cant start the car (so there is no horn and yes the horn works)

Anybody got any ideas on why this is going on and how to fix it?

I was just going to take it to a radio installation but if i can just fix it myself that would be awesome.

Thanks for the help.
Kluak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It's either hooked up incorrectly, or there is an issue with the module. If you have the manual for it, verify the wiring connections per my remote start guide:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...y+remote+start
Old 03-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
sex

Drives: 09 5DR
1. Identify your alarm by checking the remote's RPN at http://www.viper.com/RemoteFinder/

2. Locate the alarm by following the tapped wires on the instrument panel above the fuse block. Alarm connections are probably loose
sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
I agree with what they are saying. Probably loose connections. I know quite a few installers, and even though they say they "install it right," they don't. If you see BLUE connectors on the small wires, that might be part of the problem. Or if you see connections that are just TAPED together, another problem area. Use RED Scotchlocks or T-Taps on the small wires.

But do as posted above, start with the remote model number, and trace where the module is. If you find connections, jiggle them while hitting the lock/unlock button. If it starts to work, there you go.....
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
Palmer812

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB
Is the L.E.D. light for the alarm on solid or does it flash when you arm the alarm? If it is on solid the alarm is in valet mode. To fix this you have 2 options. First is to open the driver's door then on the remote hit lock / unlock / then lock again. You may have to do it more than once to get the timing right but when you do it right the light will go off. You can also locate the valet button under the dash and use it to get it out of valet mode but that process varies depending on the model of the alarm. As far as the door locks go are they factory installed or were they installed aftermarket with the alarm?
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #6
Kluak

I want to say they were installed aftermarket but i am not sure because i bought it from somebody.

its not solid it blinks.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #7
Kluak

k checking from the key i have

130 HV

or

350 HV

but i believe that is just the keyless its self no the actual alarm system

unless i am wrong. idk.

let me know. im not a pro at this stuff.

thanks guys

http://www.viper.com/ShopViperProduc...?ItemCode=473V

idk if the link will work but the RPN is 473v

Tags
alarm, electrical, electronics, viper, yaris