Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
menz

Drives: yairs blue 2007 automatic 1.3
Unhappy help car chokes at highspeed and water leaking on the passesnger side

First let me describe my car. 2007 toyota yaris sedan auto 1.3L sold in Egypt (middle east). It has 240,000km on the clock now and I am having two issues now. Few months ago my friend needed some gas so he pulled out from my car from the hose in the engine bay not from the tank. The fuel that came out looked very dirty so I am guessing that my filter is not doing a good job. For sometime now my car when i am driving on the highway at 140 kph around 4000 rpm my car would choke and not continue accelerating it is like being clogged or something. I would like to add that a couple of months ago i was running low on fuel :( and the engine shut down while driving on the highway 30 min later it started and never happened again had to keep good amount of fuel in the tank since then.
ok the other issue is that i have water leak that goes down on the passenger side from under the dash everytime i turn left or hard braking i know it is something related to the ac but need to know how to fix that as well
menz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
If you saw dirty gas coming out of the fuel line, chances are your injectors are getting clogged up and not delivering enough fuel for maximum power. You should pump all the fuel out, change the fuel filter, have the injectors screens cleaned and you should be back in business.

And if you look under the passenger footwell, in the car, you should see a rubber hose. Make sure it isn't sucked shut. Then go outside of the car with something to stick into the pipe to clear whatever's blocking the water.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
menz

I have managed to fix the water leak just got into the passenger side removed the hose and inserted a small stick in the nozzle and the water just poured out. I need to find time to take my car to the shop to clean the injectors screened and change the fuel filter but unfortunately it is going to cost me they told me it is around 200$ for the fuel filter because it was included with the pump something like that, that was the toyota dealership, but i haven't asked around though. Can I do the injectors on my own and change the fuel filter? I have not done something like this before, but I will check the diy and how long would it take me
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
The injectors you can check yourself. Just unbolt the fuels rail and pull it from the injectors. Just make sure you have a rag under to catch the small amount of gas that'll spill out and I think there's a spacer that might come loose. Also I think you might need to loosen off the valve cover because the the stupid price that goes over the fuel line.

You will see an obvious brown goop on the screens if there's any dirt.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
menz

ok the car is great now. I have changed the fuel filter and pump and the injectors. I actually had the shop to do it for me because I was busy. Thanks for your help guys. I also made them flush the tank.

Tags
fuel filter, help!, water leak