Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
roneezy360

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Tokico Blues and Tein S questions

Does anyone know any springs that'll give a lower drop than the Teins? Before you suggest coilovers, I am a part time worker and full time student. Its hard for me to afford things as it is, and with my tax refund I was just thinking of how to make my daily driver a bit sexier. I have a 2007 yaris hb and its currently on stock shocks with micro image lowering springs. I think the Teins drop it a bit lower, but from what I've read not that much. At the moment just weighing my options and seeing if there are springs that give more of a lower drop than Teins and the Micro Images. If I was a full time worker, I'd probably be okay with getting coilovers but that just isnt gonna happen lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

roneezy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Teins are the lowest off the shelf drop for springs. You'd have to go with coilovers to get lower.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
roneezy360

Ahh I see I see, hmm im considering coilovers.....but now i'll have to save up even more money. Jeez luiz man, money money money lol
Old 02-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #4
brianv

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan
@roneezy360 hows the handling with the oem shocks? I want to purchase tein springs because just like you am a part time worker and full time student.
brianv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
roneezy360

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianv View Post
@roneezy360 hows the handling with the oem shocks? I want to purchase tein springs because just like you am a part time worker and full time student.
It runs fine with the stock shocks. I didn't notice too much of a difference in driving. I have had mine on since 2011 and have had built up a lot of miles on it....Not sure if its like 20k miles or so but somewhere around there I'd imagine.

Btw, I have Micro Image lowering springs with the oem stock shocks in my picture. Just wanted to clarify lol.

I've been told by a few people though not to run oem shocks with lowering springs due to the fact that it'll wear out the shocks even faster. About a year after installation on my springs I can hear something in my rear suspension creaking so I know its been LONG afterdue on replacing my oem shocks with some aftermarket ones that are better suited for the lowering springs. So if you plan to run it with stock shocks, just be sure to know that somewhere down the road you'll need to replace your shocks so might as well buy the shocks now and not have to wait till later.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 AM   #6
brianv

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan
@roneezy360 ohh alright yeah that's what I been reading about because it is my daily driver so like you said might as well by the shocks huh? thanks for you help tho
brianv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
roneezy360

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianv View Post
@roneezy360 ohh alright yeah that's what I been reading about because it is my daily driver so like you said might as well by the shocks huh? thanks for you help tho
Yeah just buy the shocks now if you can, it'll save you money and time down the road instead of installing them at a later time.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
japle

Drives: Vitz S 2007 LB
I am running h&r springs with oem shocks, a lil bumpy thou, but handling is wayyyyy better, but dont mod if you frequently have passengers, esp your mum in law in the back seat. Lol. H&r is more stiff than tein by just a bit..
japle is offline   Reply With Quote