Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
wheels.ca reviews

Why are all the dense journalist coming up with the questionable reviews?
http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/31122

How come other Canadian auto writers like, Jim Kenzie, Lawrence Yap, Greg Wilson and Rob Davidson can make their point, even when you don't agree with them, while the majority either got their head stuck up their ass or have their own agenda.

Last edited by Pars; 08-26-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
xerophinity
I blew my engine...

Drives: 2007 Silver 5-door Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pars View Post
Why are all the dense journalist coming up with the questionable reviews?
http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/31122

How come other Canadian auto writers like, Jim Kenzie, Lawrence Yap, Greg Wilson and Rob Davidson can make their point, even when you don't agree with them, while the majority either got their head stuck up their ass or have their own agenda.
I dunno, I kinda agree with his conclusion on the Yaris.
xerophinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
The Yaris is still the most fuel efficient car and I doubt if the car given the second place in the review is as reliable as the other two in the group.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #4
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
The thing I find commical about this review are the pro's and con's. The review basically says the Yaris gives a good ride, has a roomy interior and excellent fuel economy. Those seem to be the major influences for most buyers in this segment. The reviewer then states that the Yaris has no spirit and the central drivers instrumentation is distracting. I guess they don't adjust well, because it took me all of 2 seconds to get used to the centre consol and I didn't buy the Yaris for sporty performance.

I think this review missed the point of what people look for in this segment. According to the review 2nd place does bad on fuel and first place is pricey.

The review makes no sense to me.

YARIS
Why buy? Cushy ride, roomy inside, excellent fuel economy.

Why not? Does not like to be driven with spirit, central driver's instrumentation distracting.

AVEO
Why buy? Bargain-basement pricing, nimble handling, logical control layout.

Why not? Relatively poor fuel economy, unrefined automatic tranny, interior ergonomic quibbles.

FIT
Why buy? Upscale interior with an excellent balance between fuel economy and performance, zippy handling.

Why not? Highway drone, pricey for its class.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #5
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Voodoo2, nice brake down. You should have wrote that review, then it'd make more sense.

It's personally preference, but I think the Yaris is tweaked perfectly for the streets/highway, while this reviewer thinks it has too much oversteer. Granted, if you were to take the Yaris to the weekend race track, a thicker rear swaybar would be advisable, but for the streets, the stock setup is ideal. When a car can four wheel drift around a turn, in the bad weather, then I can't see how it's possible to fault the handling.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
see this is wehre something called "bias" kicks in... they should review this car for months before putting those statements...they dont know more than an hour of the car before they make the review...lol... all good tho... lol

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote