Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
Disable door ajar alarm?

Anyone know the trick to this? I drive with my hatch open sometimes and the constant beeping is annoying as hell! Also wouldn't mind the seat belt alarm to be turned off too!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The seat belt alarm can be disabled via the techstreem tool (it is a parameter for the cluster), but many dealerships will not do it for you, since it is a safety thing. I have turned it off on all of my Yaris (and my Tacoma), for things like crossing parking lots, but I always wear my seatbelt on the road.

For the hatch open indicator, you can simply unplug the four pin connector with the brown and white/black wires from the hatch latch assembly.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
I always wear my seat belt too, I just set heavy stuff in the passenger seat. Such as backpack and coins, or bowling ball. Glad the hatch is any easy fix
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The seat belt alarm can be disabled via the techstreem tool (it is a parameter for the cluster), but many dealerships will not do it for you, since it is a safety thing. I have turned it off on all of my Yaris (and my Tacoma), for things like crossing parking lots, but I always wear my seatbelt on the road. ...
When I went to the dealership to change the remote unlock functions (one press to open all the doors, time out 'til auto-relocking, etc.) I was with the guy when he came out with the Techstream tool. It didn't even show an option for the seat-belt alarm. Everything else that the owner's manual said could be dealer customized was on the screen though... so you mileage may vary when you take it to the dealership.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
When I went to the dealership to change the remote unlock functions (one press to open all the doors, time out 'til auto-relocking, etc.) I was with the guy when he came out with the Techstream tool. It didn't even show an option for the seat-belt alarm. Everything else that the owner's manual said could be dealer customized was on the screen though... so you mileage may vary when you take it to the dealership.
Seat belts are in the "warning" section of the parameters, whereas the locking related ones are in the "door lock" section.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Hmm... so maybe that was it...

Eh, either way, we just wear our seatbelts, and if I have something heavy to lug around, that's what the front floor and everything behind the first row of seats is for!

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote