Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Question from a New buyer

Hi guys, nice forum you have. I'm from Costa Rica (central america... if any one doesn't know) and I'm about to buy a Yaris 5 speed manual sedan in a few weeks. I actually liked the LB better than the sedan, but in my country, the LB is only offered only with the 1.3L engine, so i will have to settle for with the sedan.

Any way, my question is regarding thhe HP and torque gains that I can expect from the basic mods that every body is performing into their cars:

AEM CAI
Exhaust (Tanabe??)
Headers (Megan...?)

I've red some data about the AEM CAI, claming 5hp gains... but i wonder what would be the overall gains of the CAI+Exhaust+headers

I'm not looking for a racing machine, but the Stock Yaris is a little underpower for me and i want to see if that can be improved it with little $$$

Thanks for all your comments!
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
First things first... welcome! Yet another country I haven't seen represented on the boards as of yet. So lemme be the first to say it...

Costa Rica = IN DA HOUSE

Anyway, about your question... nobody knows dude. Or if they do, they haven't told us, because I've never seen anything on this board regarding real world horsepower gains with ANY aftermarket part, and I check it... uh... too much. Hehe.

A spot of good news... shortly after the group buy for the Megan Racing headers closes, we will have dyno numbers for that part only, but don't expect anything crazy. With a CAI, headers, and an exhaust, I think 10 HP is totally reasonable, but that is a total shot in the dark. I'm hoping for 15+, I'm expecting 10 or less. Remember though, at 2200 lbs and with 108 HP out of the box, you'll feel a measley 10 HP in this car. We're just going to have to claw for every little foot pound and every little horsie.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
riceboy

Drives: icebox
I think that the bolt-ons make it a decent drive... don't expect the world.. but it should pep up the car just enough,....
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #4
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
I would have to say the only way to really test each part,is to test each part with the car completly stock,then remove that bolt-on and put in original,then test another part.I think someone should do this,just not me.;)
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Thanks, for your reply and the welcome!

It's too bad we don't have real numbers...

Somebody really should take it's ride to the dyno... so the rest of us could have a better idea of what are we getting for our $$$.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote