Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
UpLateAgain

Drives: 2008 Yaris automatic
Need ECU help

Hi all,
Got an '08 base model hatchback with A/T, that the alternator went out on. Mechanical issue. Grinding when turning. I replaced the alternator, reconnected the battery, and when I went to start it up had new set of problems. Dash lights came on, and the car started just fine, but the whole set of dash and warning lights remain on when it is running, the shift lock won't disengage (leaving me stuck in park), and the engine only idles.... it won't accelerate. I turned it off, connected a code reader, and switched it back to the on position. The code reader will not communicate with the ECM. Just tells me it's not connected.

If it is the ECM, can I just replace it with a used one of the same part number (89661-52G40), or do I have to have it reprogrammed. If it's not the ECM, can anyone suggest where else I can look for the fault? Not being able to move the car because of the engaged shift lock is a real pain.

TIA
UpLateAgain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator swap, ecm, shift lock