Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
rwseattle
Rwseattle

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris (BASE)
pix

Drifto do you have a side view picture of your speedhut gauge. Thx.
rwseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwseattle View Post
Drifto do you have a side view picture of your speedhut gauge. Thx.
ill try to post it up tomorrow

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
drifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Finally put the tach in. First I want to thank everyone for their imputs and help. Man oh man that was a big help. The installation was a piece of cake but do not use the owner's manual to reference the fuse slot numbers. Use the diagram on the fuse panel door/panel. If you go with the numbers as reference from the owner's manual the neighborhood kids will be learning a whole new language by the time you are done. #24 in the book is totally different than on the panel. Good thing for wireless internet, I took the laptop outside and kept referring back to this thread for details, photos and imput.

I used a Sun Super II Tach 3 3/8" WhiteFace. Looks good and should be easy to see in any light. As for the Add-A-Fuse. Don't pay big cash for the Grote's. AutoZone has the LittleFuse brand for $6.00 and it comes with spare fuses. Green and black package. Can't miss them.

I mounted it on the little air-vent hump on the driver's side just inboard of the A-pillar. I used a stainless steel self-tapping screw (figured with temp.changes and condensation could be a rust-bleed issue). I stayed far enough back to keep the screw from interfering with the twist action of the vent. (need that vent to defog the inside of the window).
Maybe an hour total time of install. Make it two with parts gathering and rereads of the instructions and the YarisWorld thread.

I used the #8 slot on the fuse panel and the light works just fine. The ground was perfect, thanks for the suggestion there. I ended up twisting and bending the metal tach mount a bit inboard to bring it into a favorable view for me. Mounted straight away on the hump made it appear that the tach was too much of a line of site at my left shoulder. Now I have it perfect in my peripheral.

Tach 4.jpg

Tach 2.jpg

Tach 1.jpg

Tach 3.jpg

I ran the wires between the pillar panel and the dash. I used a rat-tail file and filed a nice half circle to allow the wires to route without pinching them. As someone here had mentioned, take your time popping off the panels. The clips will break if you have goriila fingers.

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote