Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #163
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Scott.. Would you happen to have a photo the the top half of AD4 connector as I got the connector off the white mount, but since it is a bit tight, I am having a hard time trying to find the latch to unhook the two halfs?..

Thanks Scott!
AD4 - From Top.jpg

AD4 - Unlatched.jpg
Old 03-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #164
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Thanks Scott!
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #165
cdu

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan - Auto
I'm so confused...lol! I've gone through so many threads and am not sure where to start! I first came upon this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWPXFYeLJj0

He makes it looks so easy but then I realized, after spending time on two threads here, that he doesn't touch on any of the engine work that also needs to be done.

I have an 07 Sedan/Automatic and live in Canada.

I know tons of people have asked this question and hate to do this to you guys but...what parts do I need for MY car?

Any help would be much appreciated!
cdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #166
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdu View Post
I'm so confused...lol! I've gone through so many threads and am not sure where to start! I first came upon this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWPXFYeLJj0

He makes it looks so easy but then I realized, after spending time on two threads here, that he doesn't touch on any of the engine work that also needs to be done.

I have an 07 Sedan/Automatic and live in Canada.

I know tons of people have asked this question and hate to do this to you guys but...what parts do I need for MY car?

Any help would be much appreciated!
That's why I just put this together. This is the detailed soup to nuts instructions for all aspects of installing OEM cruise control on any Yaris from 2006-2011:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33750
Old 03-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #167
CB900F2

Installed the CC on my CND version 2008 Sedan and all went well, I want to give big thanks to every one and especially Scott for all of his great help!

I installed the OEM CC stalk and ran the CC signal line from D3 to AD4, getting to AD4 was not too bad, just trying to work in the small area under the dash was the only challenge. Grounded the GND line from D3 was no issue.

I recommend the up grade to anyone needing CC

Thanks again to Scott for all his great help and supply of connectors.

Last edited by CB900F2; 03-23-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #168
Aetre

Drives: 2009 3dr Liftback
Hi, all. Newbie with a 2009 3dr liftback automatic and the dumb question of the day:

What parts of this cruise control installation, if any, would void the warranty?
Aetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #169
ibanezjeepguy

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Liftback
none...
ibanezjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #170
Aetre

Drives: 2009 3dr Liftback
Sweet, thanks.
Aetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #171
ibanezjeepguy

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Liftback
as long as you're adding toyota OE parts everything should be fine.... its when you start adding in your own home-brew stuff that things become grey
ibanezjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #172
Midnightsun

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 5DR White
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Also, I have a couple of the stalks with the wire and the screws for $40 shipped, which is less than half of that price.
Hey CTScott, I have been trying to get a hold of you as I would like to purchase this from you. Can you PM me please. Thanks.
Midnightsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #173
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsun View Post
Hey CTScott, I have been trying to get a hold of you as I would like to purchase this from you. Can you PM me please. Thanks.
Sorry, I've been out of the country SCUBA diving for a week. I just hit you back by PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #174
teddy

Drives: 2008 5-door hatchback
Send a message via MSN to teddy
Can somebody with the OEM cruise & steering wheel cover please post a picture showing the hole where the stalk comes out? Doesn't even have to be a DIY job, even with it installed from the factory.

I'm thinking about picking up an OEM steering wheel cover with the pre-cut hole. The one I drilled is a bit of an eye sore.. much larger than it needed to be because I drilled it in the wrong spot and had to adjust a few times.

thanks
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #175
hayden

Drives: asd
Well I had a pretty scary experience tonight. I installed cruise control with the OEM stalk a few (I think) months ago and it's worked flawlessly up until tonight. It was humid and raining which I think may have caused it?

Anyway, at first CC wouldn't work at all. I fiddled with the stalk a few times on the drive and eventually it turned on. All was well for a couple minutes, until I starting hearing the engine rev and noticed I was going 90MPH (I set it to about 65). It was like the cruise control stalk was stuck in the up position (it wasn't). It did this several times while also cutting out and not working several times during my 30 minute trip. I was obviously watching it very closely after it happened the first time.

Not sure what the cause could be. I'm guessing a loose wire or something? Anyway, extremely unsafe either way and a big notice to anyone out there to be sure to know what they're doing.
hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #176
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
Well I had a pretty scary experience tonight. I installed cruise control with the OEM stalk a few (I think) months ago and it's worked flawlessly up until tonight. It was humid and raining which I think may have caused it?

Anyway, at first CC wouldn't work at all. I fiddled with the stalk a few times on the drive and eventually it turned on. All was well for a couple minutes, until I starting hearing the engine rev and noticed I was going 90MPH (I set it to about 65). It was like the cruise control stalk was stuck in the up position (it wasn't). It did this several times while also cutting out and not working several times during my 30 minute trip. I was obviously watching it very closely after it happened the first time.

Not sure what the cause could be. I'm guessing a loose wire or something? Anyway, extremely unsafe either way and a big notice to anyone out there to be sure to know what they're doing.

If you have access to a multimeter, with the ignition off, measure the resistance between the two stalk wires with nothing pressed and then again with each switch activated.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #177
hayden

Drives: asd
I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know, thanks.
hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #178
CB900F2

Teddy and all.. Use the template that comes with these installation instructions for the OEM CC installl.
I’ll take some pictures of mine and will post then shortly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post
Can somebody with the OEM cruise & steering wheel cover please post a picture showing the hole where the stalk comes out? Doesn't even have to be a DIY job, even with it installed from the factory.

I'm thinking about picking up an OEM steering wheel cover with the pre-cut hole. The one I drilled is a bit of an eye sore.. much larger than it needed to be because I drilled it in the wrong spot and had to adjust a few times.

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 00016-01208Yarisinst.pdf (1.70 MB, 75 views)
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #179
teddy

Drives: 2008 5-door hatchback
Send a message via MSN to teddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Teddy and all.. Use the template that comes with these installation instructions for the OEM CC installl.
I’ll take some pictures of mine and will post then shortly...
Wish I had that template before I drilled the hole! Found it a few days after it was all done.

I was going in blind essentially. This considered I didn't do that bad, but it's a little rough around the edges.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #180
SKurj

Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ
Excuse my expletives... but my local dealer quoted me $700 for an aftermarket cruise today...

Guess I will be trying my hand at this DIY.....
SKurj is offline   Reply With Quote