Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
Texas doesn't get the hatch for another 7-8 months

thats what 3 dealerships are saying, so far they only got sedans.
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
Damn, that sucks, I know that the SE dealers have them you might want to call the Regional VP.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
That really stinks if it is true. Looks like you'll need to travel far to get your car.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
birdy
I stay G'd Up

its really making be really really mad, I ordered cf and fiberglass to start making things for it and now I have to wait a lot longer. One dealership said they weren't even making a hatch and it took me calling him an idiot to his face and talking to his manager to make them look at toyota.com

then i proceeded to walk out of the dealership
Old 04-06-2006, 07:10 AM   #5
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
its really making be really really mad, I ordered cf and fiberglass to start making things for it and now I have to wait a lot longer. One dealership said they weren't even making a hatch and it took me calling him an idiot to his face and talking to his manager to make them look at toyota.com

0wn3d
Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #6
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:

Wow, that is one moronic dealership.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
AestheticalFilm

Drives: Ford Taurus...ew yeah i know
thats the same kind of idotic sales people that i have to deal with.

when i showed up i asked if they had a yaris in, and one guy had to ask another,
and the other guy said that they wont be out until fall. so i said, no thats crap cause i talked to other dealers and they said they had theirs. and they salesman came back with a comment that went something like "Listen, i've been doing this job for alot longer than you've probably been able to drive. i think i know what im talking about." so i called him an asshole to his face and walked off. needless to say i wont be buying anything from that dealership
AestheticalFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
One of the many reasons I bought the Yaris last year was that when I walked into a Honda dealership to enquire about the Fit(the only possible alternative to the Yaris in terms of fuel economy and reliability), the salesman there said he had never heard about it. I was quite mad but I hid my feelings. He tried to sell me a Civic, for about the same price as a Yaris(at least for not much more). I had made up my mind to buy a sub-compact even if one should cost as much as a bigger car. So I walked away and narrowed my choice(s) down to the Yaris.

Last edited by swng; 04-06-2006 at 01:45 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #9
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
I had a similar situation at a Honda dealer, despite the fact that my last 6 cars (and a motorcycle) had been Honda's or Acuras. Because of my experience with Hondas I was ready to buy a Fit without even seeing one in person. The salesperson thought I should put down some $$$$$ on the car despite the fact he had NO info on specs, price, or delivery date. When I told him I needed the info to compare to the Yaris, I was told I would be a "LOSER" if I bought a Toyota!!!!!! Now Honda makes a great product, but the only auto maker with a better reputation in Canada IS Toyota. The Acura dealer was great, but I wanted a sub-compact hatch as so an Acura was out of the question. I did finally get a salesman at another dealership to agree to call me when he got the info I wanted, but I picked up the official Honda press releases 5 days before he did?????? Meanwhile my Toyota dealer was bending over backwards to get me into a Yaris. Bottom line ... my RS with B-Pak, and lowered suspension (nothing down) ended up being about $20/month less than the Fit LX with $500 down. I am very happy with the performance, handling and looks of my Yaris. Honda .... you lost a long-time customer.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #10
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Thanks for sharing your experience ricko. Nice to know that I am not alone. Let us wish our friends in Texas good luck.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
birdy
I stay G'd Up

First person that sees a black 5 speed liftback in their area and ships it to me I will give you 250 bucks! And I am kinda serious.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #12
Vandit

Drives: Toyo Trix
I saw a black liftback in mid May driving southbound through Lewisville during the morning rush hour.
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #13
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
may try calling some of the dealerships here in louisiana... i didn't have too much of a problem getting mine... 5spd w/convenience liftback for $12k even

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #14
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Birdy, I thought of you when I saw a new black yaris liftback on the dealers lot here in kalispell, montana just a week ago. Possibly you could phone one of the dealers up here in the northwest. They seem to be getting a few.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #15
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
thats what 3 dealerships are saying, so far they only got sedans.

Wow that sucks...do you think they say that so they can get a "quick" sale and put you in a sedan cause they are too lazy to help you get a liftback? I think you top most people on this board as far as waiting for their car! I commend you for not giving up (at least not yet)...hang in there I'm sure it will be worth it eventhough no one deserves this kind of B.S. when getting a new car. So are they sold out and have a waiting list or they just saying hatches won't be in for awhile...best of luck.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #16
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
ummm... no... you are being lied to by a salesperson to try to get you to "upgrade" to a Corolla. Call Champion Toyota in Austin..they have a blue liftback with convenience ..and 2 more liftbacks that will be there on the 17th...my brother past them up for a civic that was on the lot.

please check with more than one salesperson before posting something like this..

FYI!!!! SALESPEOPLE ARE NOT SAINTS!! THEY LIE to SELL CARS!

if you really wanna find out, get off your arse and CALL EVERY DEALERSHIP FROM the panhandle to Galveston (sand dollar toyota) like I DiD!!!!! you will find one, or you will atleast find ONE salesperson that will tell you the truth...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #17
michelle

Drives: Dodge Neon ACR
Birdy, did you ever get your 2-dr???

I too am looking for one in TX...(dallas specifically) and have only found one base sedan.

If it comes down to it, I will travel to get mine. I had to do this back in 03 when I bought my Dodge SRT-4. My husband and I flew to Atlanta for that car. For some reason, it always seems like Texas is the last to get cars like these.

So, I may give Champion Toyota a call. Thanks TRD Yaris for that bit of info.
michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #18
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
like i said i would call around here in louisiana... i live near New Orleans and got mine ordered and in within a few weeks

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote