Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2015, 02:30 AM   #1
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Looking to upgrade my coilover springs

Hey guys, I'm trying to get stiffer springs for my Megan Racing coilovers. Right now I'm on 6k in the front, 3k in the rear. I'm looking to upgrade to 6" 10k springs in the front, and 4" or 5" 8k springs in the rear. Megan coils are a 62mm ID, but I think I can use a 60mm ID as well. Please let me know, feel free to call or text anytime.

Again,

Front - 6" 10k springs
Rear - 4" or 5" 8k springs

My springs right now on the Megan Coils are 62mm ID. Thanks for looking!

- Terence
(925) 301-5873

P.S. - I'm also looking for the dampening adjustment knobs for Megan Racing coils (I misplaced mine unfortunately)
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:05 AM   #2
yariscupcar

Drives: '08 Yaris hatch
I have 7k rear Megan springs/perches for sale (among other things) see my FS thread or PM me!

ps I would keep the rear springs 25% stiffer in the rear for performance to dial out understeer
yariscupcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
I have 8k all the way around, and that helps balance out comfort and performance. I dont have understeer or oversteer anymore than "normal" and with the 8k springs you can do some very tight fitment. I am extremely low and I almost went to 10k but it's not needed. Give Garm and jeff a call at micro image, they get springs directly from megan for a fantastic deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
I have 8k all the way around, and that helps balance out comfort and performance. I dont have understeer or oversteer anymore than "normal" and with the 8k springs you can do some very tight fitment. I am extremely low and I almost went to 10k but it's not needed. Give Garm and jeff a call at micro image, they get springs directly from megan for a fantastic deal.
Ahh for sure I will definitely keep that in mind! Thanks man. I'm just looking for some short 8k rear springs so i can put the locks and perches on and still go really low. What size 8k springs do you have in the front/rear?
Old 01-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
my front springs are 6 or 8 inches (I do not remember but I can still go MUCH lower), and my rear's are either 4 or 5 inches. I am using the perch and both collars in the rear, and I do not have them set to the lowest setting, and this is my current ride height. That's after I raised it to fit the Rotiforms. With the enkei 92's I was almost an inch lower lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
my front springs are 6 or 8 inches (I do not remember but I can still go MUCH lower), and my rear's are either 4 or 5 inches. I am using the perch and both collars in the rear, and I do not have them set to the lowest setting, and this is my current ride height. That's after I raised it to fit the Rotiforms. With the enkei 92's I was almost an inch lower lol.

Ahh that's PERFECT man, I love your car haha. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. And you said your coil springs in the front and rear are both Megans? I looked on their website and didn't see 8k springs that short that's why. And yeah the fronts I'm not too concerned about coil height cause the fronts go pretty low already, just want the springs to be stiffer so I can have the fronts just as low as the rears. It rubs pretty bad right now but I'm going to be adding a second camber bolt on each side so I can go lower in the front and minimize rubbing. But yeah, I basically want the locks and perches back on and still be able to go as low in the rear as I am now. Even a little lower if need be ;) Haha gotta add negative camber too of course.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:56 AM   #7
TerenceCruz

ALSO: If anyone is selling an axle back exhaust feel free to let me know :) Either going to do that, or do a custom header back exhaust.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:31 AM   #8
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
my DC sport exhaust can be back on market unless going catless + muffler delete is too loud.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #9
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
my DC sport exhaust can be back on market unless going catless + muffler delete is too loud.
Ahh maybe going catless and muffler delete eh? Haha, let me know Jonathan. I love how the DC sport exhaust sounds and looks.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:01 AM   #10
ezhacker1

Oh i already have the nitto midpipe. I just need to reweld and strengthen the o2 sensor bung. The muffler delete is a center exhaust, dual tip. Its weird that the weapon r header + catless + DC sport = not really too loud unless flogging it, theres no freeway drone at all. That seafoam stuff must have really quieted down the exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_img_3142.jpg (490.7 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by ezhacker1; 01-23-2015 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #11
TerenceCruz

Sorry man I'm still pretty much a noob when it comes to exhaust systems. So, what exactly is the midpipe for? When you said your DC sports exhaust was for sale I thought you were talking about the direct bolt on axle back. Haha.

Last edited by TerenceCruz; 01-26-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #12
ezhacker1

The DC sport is the axleback one. Direct bolt. What I mean is im thinning of going to catless, resonator back exhaust. The pic I posted is what the dual tip looked like on my car.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #13
TerenceCruz

Quote:
The DC sport is the axleback one. Direct bolt. What I mean is im thinning of going to catless, resonator back exhaust. The pic I posted is what the dual tip looked like on my car.
Ahh I gotcha. I like the dual tip exhaust too! But yeah, let me know if you end up selling your DC sports exhaust!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 AM   #14
ezhacker1

I just need to fix up the center exhaust lip, then ill get nicer center tip welded on. DC sport served its purpose.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #15
TerenceCruz

Quote:
I just need to fix up the center exhaust lip, then ill get nicer center tip welded on. DC sport served its purpose.
Ahh nice man. For sure, just let me know. I might get a quote on a custom catback exhaust within the next month or so.