Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Avoiding Defrost setting for long periods of time

Last night it was about eleven Fahrenheit (I think that's -12 Celsius) with frost on the inside and outside of the windshield.

I started the car and let it warm up for about two minutes while I finished scraping the windows.

Started with the defrost and as soon as the windows were about half done I shifted to Brian's suggested mode, opened the driver's side window about an inch (about two and half centimeters) and then turned from defrost to cabin heat, aiming the dash vents at the windows.

Within a few more minutes the windshield was clear, and within ten to fifteen more minutes the side windows were also cleared. Sublimation works!

Thanks again to Brian. Hope that this helps others.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
kou

Drives: 08 lb
dont forget if you put it on just feet dial straight up it will still blow on the front and side windows without the ac.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote