Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #19
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Sounds more like a creaking sound, and I noticed that it only does it when I'm pressing on the clutch slowly. HELP!
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #20
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Maybe it's time to feed the hamster in the wheel..
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #21
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrivent View Post
Maybe it's time to feed the hamster in the wheel..
hmmm, I haven't done that in a while. lol.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #22
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceb View Post
I lubed the part circled in your earlier photo, but still squeaked, I ended up removing the rubber boot and lubing inside of it on this pic, no more noise. thanks for the direction guys.

I used fluid film for the lube.
Okay, how do you secure the boot in the middle of the pic? Mine felt like it was just glued on, not like the boot to the left???? So I just double sided taped it back on in the mean time
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #23
transcendentalcrap

Drives: 2007 Yaris 3d manual
Send a message via MSN to transcendentalcrap
I've got this same problem and lubing that arm to the left of the pic did not stop the squeaking. It's been squeaking since winter.

@Kaotic Lazagna: the boot in the middle goes into the opening. You'll notice that the end of the boot closest to the opening has a squared dip and this goes inside the opening.
transcendentalcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #24
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Bumping an old thread.

I was able to take care of the shift linkage squeak, but when I push in the clutch pedal (no matter what gear), it's squeaking.

Can someone confirm that this is indeed the clutch fork? And I'm still not clear: Do I have to pull the clutch apart if it is?
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #25
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
I had this problem about 2 years ago and was remedied by lubing the shift fork and other components near the proximity. Haven't heard a squeak since then. My shift has improve a bit.

Use redline MT 90 and nulon g70 gearbox treatment. I have yet to install my micro image short shifter.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #26
esse10

Drives: 2009 yaris 2 door
shift fork

I have the same problem.,
So how do you get to lubing the shift fork ? and what parts do you need to remove to get to it. is it the area with the blue arrow in this picture? is there where we need to lube?
Attached Images
File Type: png toyota-yaris-clutch-parts-components.png (36.9 KB, 245 views)
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #27
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by esse10 View Post
So how do you get to lubing the shift fork ? and what parts do you need to remove to get to it. is it the area with the blue arrow in this picture? is there where we need to lube?
The black arrows in your diagram point to where Toyota says to apply "Toyota Genuine Release Hub Grease or equivalent". You can access the fork by pulling the fork boot and using a long swab to apply the grease. You might want to start with applying grease to the external point where the fork and the slave cylinder meet.

Clutch Shift Fork.jpg

Clutch Shift Fork Boot.jpg
Old 02-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #28
andulong

Drives: 2008 Hatch Red
I "tried" lubing the clutch fork with the above method after I lubed everything external and it still squeaked. Not an easy thing to do since space is very limited. I tried using a long artist paintbrush attached to a safety wire in case I dropped it in and a lighted mirror and was still not able to really see what I was doing inside. I eventually shot some lithium grease inside (not a great idea I know) and it worked for a few months. The squeak is now back on occasion and I have decided to live with it or try the above method once again. If anyone has any ideas how to make this easier please chime in.

Thanks
andulong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #29
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by esse10 View Post
You Really need to get deep inside with lube lol ah and try putting lube in all shift linkages removing the boot. etc.HERE'S THE OTHER COMPONENT TO LUBE.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=squeak
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #30
esse10

Drives: 2009 yaris 2 door
thanks

Thanks fellas , I just realized that I should have done it when I replaced the radiator a few months back...UURRRGGG!

BTW great pictures ctscott
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #31
jelle

Drives: Yaris
Hey everyone! First off, thanks for all the shared advice. I've got the same problem on my Yaris. Just tried all the tricks I could find on here. Definitely got better. I greased teh cilinder inside the car directly activated by the pedal, then the cilinder pushing against what I guess is called the clutch fork. I sprayed under the rubber thing. There used to be a squeek like a squeeking barn door, almost a rattle. That seems to be gone now. I'm left with a high pitch squeek coming from somewhere around the cilinder besides the engine. Can't get that to stop.
Could it be the clutch fork pivot inside the transmission? I mean the thing behind the rubber on Vinceb's picture, the one in the middle, not the bottom left. I'm afraid to accidentally lube the clutchplate, causing it to slip. Or can I just spray right in there, inside the trasmission? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #32
jelle

Drives: Yaris
Hi guys! Couldn't wait for anyone's response, just took to it myself this morning... Fixed! Here's how I did it, I guess it's the same as most other solutions found here.

First I lubed the cilinder on the inside of the car, the one pushed in directly by the pedal. That solved the rattling, cracking, squeeking sound. I was still left with a high pitch squeek.
I then peeled off the rubber boot on the cilinder in the engine bay. I have a 2003 Yaris hatchback and there it can be found right at the front of the car, just to the right of the engine. The cilinder looks exactly the same as in CTscot's picture and most of the others I found here. I lubed it quite generously with a thick lube (for a winter bikechain) on the rod that comes in and out. I asked my girlfriend to keep pushing the pedal while i was lubing, that worked it in. There was still a squeek coming from the clutch fork itself, the part by the blue arrow in esse10's picture. I pulled out the rubber boot covering that and manoevred the straw of my WD40 can in there. I had to spray a couple times untill I hit the right spot. It started getting less and less and then one well-aimed spray eliminated the sound altogether. I would advice you to just keep trying for a bit, the pivot point is quite deep in the transmission. Don't forget to put back both rubber boots, which takes a bit of wiggling and maybe a screwdriver to push in.
By the way, my distributionbelt also made a nasty sound. Just some WD40 again on the bearings of the wheels turned by the belt solved that too. Engine runs smooth and quiet now. Not sure how long this will last: as WD40 is quite thin, it'll probably start to squeek again sooner or later. Matter of getting a better, i.e. thicker and more heat resistant lube I guess.
Anyway, hopes this helps someone else as the above posts have helped me. Good luck!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #33
mik23

Drives: yaris 2005
can anyone recommend which lube I have sprayed it with white lithuim grease but stil;l
mik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #34
mik23

1- how can I peel of the red circle area
2- What lube to use I am currently using

http://www.screwfix.com/c/auto-cleaning/cat7360001
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CLUTCH SQEUAL.jpg (151.9 KB, 132 views)
Old 05-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #35
mik23

All

I find this link looks to me quite useful.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/13...-fix-pics.html

But for me how to remove the clutch fork dust boot by pulling it off.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #36
mik23

All,

Update on the above, (I havent use the car for about a week). The squeak is back and

I have checked this

It is coming from pedal and clutch inside.

Can anyone help pls.