Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > New England
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
sam07yaris

Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
OCT 13 Yaris Meet/drive

Okay everybody, we'll have a yaris meet this day 8 am@ the cape cod canal to Newport, RI then at Newport RI we will have lunch and pictures at the "cliff". People respond to those who are interested. plus... it's my bday :) so YOU BETTER COME BITCHES!!! HAHA.. jk anywho. yeah those interested reply :)
Old 09-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
It's a good idea to atleast put out a planned meet but why not just pick 1 place to meet and stay there? Drive to the canal (I live in Taunton too so it's not out of the question) and then spend an hour plus in a conga line driving to Newport? That's time spent not talking to one another, time not swapping stories or ideas. It's like going to the movies on a first date. You meet someone and then spend two hours in a place where you can't talk.

Why not further down the canal at Scusset Beach. They have a big lot, you can still walk the canal road. It may be more of a treat for those coming down rt3 or from the north. Admittedly Newport is still in Taunton's backyard so it is easier for us but not to centrally located for others.

Keep up with the ideas. Also, Saturdays can be tough to get folks together. Some work and some use that day to catch up on errands they didn't have a chance to do during the work week.

It's a good start

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
xpeteyjtx

Drives: 07 BB Yaris
I'm up for anything. Don't mind driving.
xpeteyjtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
sam07yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite Man View Post
It's a good idea to atleast put out a planned meet but why not just pick 1 place to meet and stay there? Drive to the canal (I live in Taunton too so it's not out of the question) and then spend an hour plus in a conga line driving to Newport? That's time spent not talking to one another, time not swapping stories or ideas. It's like going to the movies on a first date. You meet someone and then spend two hours in a place where you can't talk.

Why not further down the canal at Scusset Beach. They have a big lot, you can still walk the canal road. It may be more of a treat for those coming down rt3 or from the north. Admittedly Newport is still in Taunton's backyard so it is easier for us but not to centrally located for others.

Keep up with the ideas. Also, Saturdays can be tough to get folks together. Some work and some use that day to catch up on errands they didn't have a chance to do during the work week.

It's a good start
Well sure . that will be taken into consideration :)
Old 09-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
im down
Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
Great job sam07yaris......FINALLY getting a meet together. I know, because You started this along time ago and we both were going back and fourth on it for a short time.
It's funny though, You mention a meet at the time and no one can get together or plan anything etc., and now you finally pick a date/cruise and there's Always someone with an idea on what to do. Why don't you do this or why not have it here or why not, why not etc. I know you have been wanting to plan a meet for a long time now. So do your thing (meet/cruise) and if some people don't want to go for the cruise then don't and just go for the meet! Maybe that person/s can plan one on their own next time.
Same here at work. No one wants to touch the "project". So, you take it upon yourself to do it and then all of a sudden they all have these great idea's on how You should do it, where it should go, etc.

All the above are my opinion/s or suggestion/s and NOT intended to ruffle Anyone's feather's. IF I did, then............too bad because it's true.

sambo42xa
Southern, NH
...just someone who likes to bust balls
Old 09-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #7
sam07yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
Great job sam07yaris......FINALLY getting a meet together. I know, because You started this along time ago and we both were going back and fourth on it for a short time.
It's funny though, You mention a meet at the time and no one can get together or plan anything etc., and now you finally pick a date/cruise and there's Always someone with an idea on what to do. Why don't you do this or why not have it here or why not, why not etc. I know you have been wanting to plan a meet for a long time now. So do your thing (meet/cruise) and if some people don't want to go for the cruise then don't and just go for the meet! Maybe that person/s can plan one on their own next time.
Same here at work. No one wants to touch the "project". So, you take it upon yourself to do it and then all of a sudden they all have these great idea's on how You should do it, where it should go, etc.

All the above are my opinion/s or suggestion/s and NOT intended to ruffle Anyone's feather's. IF I did, then............too bad because it's true.

sambo42xa
Southern, NH
...just someone who likes to bust balls

Thank you very much, yes indeed i felt offended in a way, not too much but I planned this out so that everyone can take this day to meet up and plan ahead so its not conflicting with anything. but thanks for viewing ur point
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
nqd

so whose on the list here?

1. Sam07yaris
2. Xpetey
3. NQD

Anyone else?

Last edited by nqd; 09-20-2007 at 03:06 PM.
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #9
YarisGirl82
His Name is "Chub" =o)

Drives: '08 Yaris 3 Dr LB Meteorite
Send a message via Yahoo to YarisGirl82
I hate to be a "girl" and a stickler, but any thoughts to somewhere closer to me? I live in Stow, which is more central, I'm not too sure I'd want to drive that far.....I know, I'm a wuss......sorry.....
YarisGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #10
nqd

any thoughts sam?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #11
kdctuning
The Nineth Coming

Drives: 2007 BB Yaris 3 Door LB
Send a message via AIM to kdctuning
I live on the Cape in Sandwich, and I am down for whatever. I would like a drive, but I am going to need to know a definite sure that we are doing it so I can take the day off.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:57 AM   #12
sam07yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdctuning View Post
I live on the Cape in Sandwich, and I am down for whatever. I would like a drive, but I am going to need to know a definite sure that we are doing it so I can take the day off.

sorry guys, been working 60 hours a week to account for all of the material before the fiscal year... the majority of it was by myself.. and some people here and there helping out. Now i got a part time job its going to total around 70-80 hrs a week. but i did request 13th off, so tahts good.

Gotta google earth Massachusettes then. lol. isn't there like a site where members of a club or something can be shown on the map and so taht I can give a good meeting point?

Sorry for crappy grammer , etc etc. I'm wicked tired and need sleep. I'll be funcational tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
sam07yaris

Okay, Sat meet around 10-11 am and have lunch at the waffle house .. I think its by the rotary. :-D
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #14
anubisx99
here again..

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris LB
ok, gents, let's do it on the Weekend of 22 and/or 23 that way we can plan more ahead....let me know if that's ok with you guys and don't forget to mention it to everybody you can...I'll see if I can post it on some other threats...
Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #15
anubisx99
here again..

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris LB
hey!, did you guys had that meet after all???? PICS, give me PICS, I have sugested to do a meet on SAT 22 or SUN 23 here in Framingham, so far I have confirmation from 4 other owner besides me, if you guys are interested just pm me however the meet will be at SHOPPERS WORLD, 1 WORCESTER RD, FRAMINGHAM MA 01701, check your dates and see if you can make it!!!!