Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #73
BARRY
I've made a post!

Drives: AE86, UZZ30
what turbo manifold did you use? one for a xB or xA?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #74
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
its a turbo manifold for a yaris
Old 05-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #75
ZPIracing

Drives: Scions
I think all the questions have been answered. The turbo manifold is proprietary to this kit. We actually place the wastegate behind the turbo to keep the heat away from the ECU. The CEL is due to the removal of the primary O2 sensor. We do this to prevent the ECU from having adaptive control.

The kit is safe we are not making the slow car a race car only a slow car not so slow anymore…. You can run 7psi and just about anything. If you are not sold on the idea and you think it will fail but still want boost add the low compression pistons and get rolling…..

We will not put our name on something that is not engineered to perfection and safe for the end user to use.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #76
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPIracing View Post
I think all the questions have been answered. The turbo manifold is proprietary to this kit. We actually place the wastegate behind the turbo to keep the heat away from the ECU. The CEL is due to the removal of the primary O2 sensor. We do this to prevent the ECU from having adaptive control.

The kit is safe we are not making the slow car a race car only a slow car not so slow anymore…. You can run 7psi and just about anything. If you are not sold on the idea and you think it will fail but still want boost add the low compression pistons and get rolling…..

We will not put our name on something that is not engineered to perfection and safe for the end user to use.
well said.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #77
nebulight
Novice Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to nebulight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderkitten View Post
Honestly, 190HP is not a big deal for the internals on these motors. I can imagine that if you went hi-comp on the pistons you might want to look into better connecting rods, like you would with any motor, or just have the stockers balanced at least. VW's get 240+ out of a 1.8T all day long with a stock K03 turbo, chip, intake and exhaust with stock parts. Those motors are 10:1 compression as well, so it's fairly hi-comp for a turbo motor!

Beyond a good ZPI clutch and limited slip diff and bigger brakes, you're probably set. If you wanted to pump a 30psi Turbo, Nos and hi-comp pistons you might want to look for some new internals... or a different car. =)
Don't be so sure, like Doc said, these cars were built for different things. There is no need to over engineer a rod on a car that is made for gas milage. But when you have a turbo charged motor that has to see boost for the majority of driving, you'll make a little bit more beefy rod. I had a 1.8T and it made 370whp with a 50 trim t3/t4 on a bone stock motor. Also, the 1.8T is 9.5:1 on some motors and 9:1 on others.

It's a slow start, but I'm shooting for 45mpg by summer. Best so far is 42.23mpg
Old 05-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #78
nebulight
Novice Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to nebulight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPIracing View Post

I don't think it's a good idea to ship a product that will ALWAYS have a check engine light. Emissions and inspection are common in most states. You can get a better tune on the stock ECU rather than using e-manage and have to deal with all the garbage that goes along with it.

It's a slow start, but I'm shooting for 45mpg by summer. Best so far is 42.23mpg
Old 08-22-2007, 08:59 AM   #79
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
videos of the turbo please?

Ron Cabading
Old 08-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #80
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway84 View Post
videos of the turbo please?
I doubt they will answer you with videos of the turbo...

If you use the search button on here - or on youtube, you will find the video of the yaris sedan with their turbo kit. However the company is not around anymore for numerous shady reasons (which you can also find by using the search button). Either way - I wouldnt bother looking for a turbo kit from them anytime soon.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #81
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
ZPI is long gone... Spkrman is banned