Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #37
YarMinor

Drives: 2007 Meteorite Hatch
Hell yes. Thank you contraband831 and Kaotic Lazagna for being awesome. I got it off Amazon from TYC because I get $3.99 one-day shipping. I hear that the removal and installation can easily be DIYed, and the fuse is pretty easy, too.

Thanks again! Saved me like $250 :)
YarMinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #38
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Oh yeah on my old Honda ST1100 I had the auto turn on for the fan fail. I wired in a switch to turn it on and off manually and just watched the temp gauge. Actually the fan only turns on by itself on really hot days in traffic. Even at 100 degrees (out west) on the open road it never came on. Maybe using AC makes it come on.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #39
YarMinor

Drives: 2007 Meteorite Hatch
Yeah, when you are cruising, the radiator gets air-cooled, and doesn't need the fan
YarMinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #40
Amdkt7
Returning to Toyota

Drives: 2013 L 3dr MT
I cringed when I read the OP post about sitting for 10 minutes with the light on. If I have an over temp indication I'm shutting that thing down ASAP until I verify what is going on. It seems that the dealer mechanics cannot or will not trouble shoot anything. Just throw parts at it, in warranty or out of warranty.

My Kia got a brand new cat and some other parts before they found that a noise was actually what it sounded like (a loose bolt, with a washer rattling). I told them it was a loose bolt somewhere (from a timing belt change), but they threw parts at it for a while before they finally checked the lower timing belt cover.
Amdkt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #41
2o6

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amdkt7 View Post
I cringed when I read the OP post about sitting for 10 minutes with the light on. If I have an over temp indication I'm shutting that thing down ASAP until I verify what is going on. It seems that the dealer mechanics cannot or will not trouble shoot anything. Just throw parts at it, in warranty or out of warranty.

My Kia got a brand new cat and some other parts before they found that a noise was actually what it sounded like (a loose bolt, with a washer rattling). I told them it was a loose bolt somewhere (from a timing belt change), but they threw parts at it for a while before they finally checked the lower timing belt cover.
.....I didn't sit with 10 mins with the light on. It was after the car cooled down.
2o6 is offline   Reply With Quote