Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #55
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I cringe at spending $3,000 on a turbo kit for a 1NZ-FE since it's nearly a quarter of the price of the entire car.
+354,586,485

Reality... We don't NEED a Turbo that can put out 20PSI... Our engines can not take more then 7PSI... With anything less then 10PSI you don't even need an Intercooler!

So if someone came out with a Turbo Kit that only made 5-6PSI... No Intercooler, No Frills Turbo kit... threw a $1,500-$2,000 price tag on it... I guarantee they wouldn't be able to keep the kits on the Shelves

After all… THE YARIS IS THE 2ND CHEAPEST NEW CAR IN AMERICA…

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #56
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
i would rock it, but i wonder how long its going to take to get into production, its not like rotrex is nst. people didnt really buy the zpi turbo kit cuz of the companys reputation, but i think more people would buy the rotrex if it doesnt have fitament issues and just bolts right up with little or no modification at all

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #57
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
+354,586,485

Reality... We don't NEED a Turbo that can put out 20PSI... Our engines can not take more then 7PSI... With anything less then 10PSI you don't even need an Intercooler!

So if someone came out with a Turbo Kit that only made 5-6PSI... No Intercooler, No Frills Turbo kit... threw a $1,500-$2,000 price tag on it... I guarantee they wouldn't be able to keep the kits on the Shelves

After all… THE YARIS IS THE 2ND CHEAPEST NEW CAR IN AMERICA…

+1 - I wouldnt mind a non intercooled kit for 1500 bucks - you could always add something later on if you wanted too - like some of the greddy kits come based as non intercooled and you can upgrade later if you want...
Old 08-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #58
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
That's called a Stage 0 -- an excellent idea for our cars.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #59
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
guys, I/we want this tuff... make it....

in a couple years these cars will be cheap, and the tuner crowd can then buy them, and add on $3000 s/c... heck people buy shit box used hondas, and spend thousands on engine upgrades....
Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #60
mandriu
11b1p

Drives: yaris s
I seriously considered zpi turbo, but after all the problems i had with trying to get either my exhaust or my money back i would strongly discourage business with them
mandriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #61
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
I tought zpi was gone?
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #62
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandriu View Post
I seriously considered zpi turbo, but after all the problems i had with trying to get either my exhaust or my money back i would strongly discourage business with them
yeah zpi is gone...

i know a lot of people here bought the yaris because it was cheap and are not planing on putting any kind of performance parts on, but theres a growing number of people that like the looks of the yaris but want more power.

i myself am hoping to finish my turbo kit by the end of the month. i need extra power, not an insane amount of power but another 60-70horses at the crank will do. i think the engine/trans can withstand that extra amount with no issues.

the more people interested in a product the better.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #63
barebonedvitz
return of the comeback

Drives: white '08LB..very nice,i like
it's actually an xB engine.

Neils said the price will get announced when it's done.. i've had my days with the roots type in my b18 civic.. now i just wanna try something new. i like the fact that it's lighter too... soooo i'm all for waitin!... gives me more time to save! yee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead6T5 View Post
http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/Powernews/index.html

I notice one of those pics looks like a vitz with a 1nz-fe.

Last edited by barebonedvitz; 08-09-2007 at 11:27 PM.
barebonedvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #64
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Considering that there are 3 members out of 3000+ that have a turbo or s/c kit I say that this kit will be a sales disapointment to company making it.
True.... but I'm one of the 3...
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #65
RShatchback

there would be a whole lot more if someone like greddy came out with that "stage 0" kit talked about a few posts up!!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #66
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
there would be a whole lot more if someone like greddy came out with that "stage 0" kit talked about a few posts up!!
I concur!
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #67
lostmind

Drives: 06 STi, 07 rav4, 07 yaris
Stage 0 might be more appealing... And easier for everyone to get past the significant other in their life...

I however don't care. Soon as a solid kit comes out, so does my credit card :)
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #68
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

+1, amen, etc.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #69
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
OK so if a company comes out with a turbo kit for $2000-$2500 without an intercooler everyone would jump on it?
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #70
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I probably would. Depends on management, that's the critical element and I don't think anyone has figured out how to work with our ECU yet.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #71
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
OK so if a company comes out with a turbo kit for $2000-$2500 without an intercooler everyone would jump on it?
I am betting it can be done for under $2,000...

and cdydjded I know we have talked about it before... And I know that your option is to just throw money at your problems... But money is my problem... LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO BUY A YARIS!

So back off!

People... Can I get an "AMEN" for a Stage 0 Yaris Turbo Kit?

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #72
RShatchback

Stage 0, +1