Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #38
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
In the early days of mandated seat belts, the common mantra from the ignorant was "I know how to drive, why do I need seat belts"?
Some always fail to factor in other drivers etc.
Some things never change.

I maintain that if you really do know how to drive, your ABS will never kick in during daily driving even on snow
In a sudden, emergency situation, who honestly uses a high degree of finesse on the brake pedel?
You make some very excellent points. If you drive right, you should never even feel them kick on.

Sure there are things that one can't really anticipate or avoid easily, and we're all human and prone to make a mistake here and there.

I will say one thing though, I don't know if finesse is the right word, but I do prefer to focus on all of the details, brake, gas, clutch steering, etc ... in emergency situations as it traditionally calms me and focuses my attention on what needs to be done.

Having said that though, you'll never hear me complain that my Yaris has ABS because I've really only activated it being purposefully sloppy out of curiosity. Though that doesn't mean it could never happen in an emergency situation
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote