Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #55
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Yep.
i'm not trying to start shit but i think that whoever is willing to purchase this kit from crankyelbow should do a search for the user spkrman. and they should know that crankyelbow and spkrman are the same person.

thats all i'm gunna say

Old 03-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #56
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Fun read... I missed this whole thread. And yeah, I recognized those ridiculous rims right away! Old-school shenanigans back at it!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #57
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Okay so I just did my research. Banned from yaris world previously, banned from a couple other forums. Heres his pic from a car audio forum if anyone cares

Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #58
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Definately a face of a criminal. ;)
Old 03-20-2009, 01:59 AM   #59
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
Status update?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:22 AM   #60
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm07yaris View Post
Status update?
He just got the check. waiting on the parts
Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #61
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Good luck, the track record is not clean, but I hope for once he comes through
Old 03-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #62
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I hope so too -- kind of interesting that he hasn't posted after being called out
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #63
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
kind of interesting that he hasn't posted after being called out
I really hope its because he is banned. I'm shaking my finger at the mods if he's not.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #64
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
He isn't banned. Save the tough talk dude.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #65
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
He isn't banned. Save the tough talk dude.
Shaking my finger is tough?? I better go tell my grandma to stop picking fights with everyone.

The funny thing is, YOUR posts were the basis for my post. You've confirmed that spkrman and crankyelbow are the same person. So why are your feelings on banning him so completely different from this post(#4)? - http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6116

Quote:
I would like to see his account banned. We don't need people like that here. Period. End of story. Ban him.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #66
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
I myself keep jumping on and off this thread.

I see two things happening, maybe one is wrong, maybe both are wrong.

The person was sent a check for the turbo kit, and now everything plays the waiting game.

At the same time, a lot of talk and arguments are clouding up this thread, and I dont see the reason why? Honestly I would start another thread just on this guy selling the kit, if its really that important, and leave this thread to what it was made for, because it really is not fun to hear all this fighting.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:11 AM   #67
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I usually agree, but because of who it is (a banned member), I'm just entertained by the whole thing. Kind of like admitting you're hooked on American Idol or something.

Hoping for the best outcome, of course.

I appreciate that members try to protect each other here by making sure full disclosure is made. I will point out that the seller said nothing of his former history on this forum, so it was fair for someone to state it for prospective buyers.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:25 AM   #68
tropicalsuckerpunch

Drives: yaris
After looking at his previous posts under his previous username, I'd say nobody buy ANYTHING from this douche.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #69
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
Shaking my finger is tough?? I better go tell my grandma to stop picking fights with everyone.

The funny thing is, YOUR posts were the basis for my post. You've confirmed that spkrman and crankyelbow are the same person. So why are your feelings on banning him so completely different from this post(#4)? - http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6116
Jeez, sorry I got under your skin! I was kidding...

Why is my opinion different? 1, that was two years ago, and 2, its a good opportunity for one of our members to get a turbo kit. Now, if I would have known from the beginning that he was looking for a ship and remote pay type thing, I would have banned him again. That wasn't the premise this started on though. Oh well... cross your fingers.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:27 AM   #70
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Worst case situation, just like last time...
Check get cancelled do to fraud and the bank goes after him if its cashed.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #71
crankyelbow

Drives: speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Worst case situation, just like last time...
Check get cancelled do to fraud and the bank goes after him if its cashed.
Actually the worst case for ME happened, well, almost :)

I got a bad check... VERY happy that I waited for that thing to clear before shipping...

Worst case would be shipping a turbo for free... now I'm just in the negative because I assumed all was well... bad but not worst case.

On that note I haven't been able to get back in touch with the buyer to straighten things out - the check went sour monday and I got a message tuesday or wednesday asking if it had shipped yet... I'll assume no foul play here but I did hear from the bank that a stop payment was the reason for the check going bad - not lack of funds...

I'll leave this post (although I have already sent pm's, texts, calls...) as the last FYI to the buyer that things have went south...

And the first FYI to those who were interested to please re-apply for this great deal - I would like to get my bank account bank into the positive asap :)

I squared away my past issues and intend to follow through with this deal as smoothly as any - but I *will not* accept anything but cash or a money order this time around. NO paypal, NO checks, and I will not entertain any offers of either.

And again, the best way to reach me is by phone - 7736774961. I don't have ready net access (right now I'm at the library).

I found someone to take over my payments, I want this deal hammered out ASAP so I can throw on the stock parts/new pads/new windshield and eliminate one large source of debt from my life :)
Old 03-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #72
ChinoCharles
Banned

PHXDEMON = EPIC FAIL

Closed Thread