Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
modmonster

Drives: Yaris
Wireless key entry stopped working

Hello people,

So my wife's Yaris 2006 model 1.0 litre 3 door horn wasn't working so I removed the integral relay to test it as per the instructions manual. Replaced everything back but now the key fob for wireless lock/unlock has stopped working.

I tried to follow the programming procedure few times but nothing happen.

Anyone has any idea what might be the problem?
modmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Try disconnecting the battery for a minute to reset the entire door lock system.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
modmonster

Thanks CTScott, have already tried that and disconnected for about 5-8 minutes but still no success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Try disconnecting the battery for a minute to reset the entire door lock system.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Check the DOME fuse, which powers the door lock receiver.

Also check the ECU-B, D/L, ECU-IG and ACC fuses, all of which are involved in the wireless door control process.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
try opening the key fob and scrape the battery front and back and put it back on.. that worked for me.. and im still on the original battery since 07...

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
modmonster

Sorry for the late reply but been busy with other house chores :). Tried most things but no success however I noticed something, that is the dash clock does not remember the time. So once you set the correct time, if you switch the ignition off and turn it back on again the time is set back to 12:00.

I some how lay my suspicions on the integral relay which I initially removed and tried to open and since then all my problems have started. Could this be cause?
Old 03-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmonster View Post
Sorry for the late reply but been busy with other house chores :). Tried most things but no success however I noticed something, that is the dash clock does not remember the time. So once you set the correct time, if you switch the ignition off and turn it back on again the time is set back to 12:00.

I some how lay my suspicions on the integral relay which I initially removed and tried to open and since then all my problems have started. Could this be cause?
The clock is tied to non-switched power to keep its time, so I would check your battery to see if the voltage is dropping very low (under 9 volts) when the starter is cranking.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
modmonster

But the clock doesn't forget the time if I start the engine or even try to crank it. It's when I switch everything off that's when it forgets the time.

Is there a diagram or steps to test the whole integral relay with a multimeter?

Not sure if this is related but reading another post of yours I tested the following sections with the following Results (Test with really of the car, not sure if I need to do this while it's connected but it's probably not possible as the wires too short and can't access points once really is plugged in):

1A (2 & 3) = 0.2 ohms

1A (6 & 7) = 0.2 ohms

1B (2 & 3) = 0.2 ohms

1B (6 & 7) = 0.2 ohms

Car battery voltage is 12.2

Last edited by modmonster; 03-30-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Ah, so it sounds more like the constant power supply to it is not there.

Check the DOME fuse.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #10
modmonster

Al rite guys, this is now has been resolved. Note to self, next time take fuses out and put them back in do this when it's light and not dark. Appearntly I've replaced the main fuses on the left side incorrectly. I have done them all correctly now and everything's back to normal except for the Horn.

Thanks for your help and input all, saved my self £48.00 toyota checkup fee or maybe even £128 for a replacement integral relay :).