Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-05-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Front Bumper Screws & Injen Intake Removal

Hello All,

I plan on cleaning my Injen cold air intake soon and I will be removing the front bumper. It seems like the simplest way, but if you have any other methods that might work well please let me know.

A thing I noticed quite a long time ago and have been putting off is that most screws that hold the bumper have been lost. I think this happened last time my front bumper has removed. On the bottom there seems to be almost nothing holding the bumper on top some of the lock-in plastic screws have also been removed. Where can I find these? I'm assuming the best place is the toyota dealership. Anything online?

Thanks for any help!
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
scod4025

Drives: 12 LE 5d HB 1nz-fe Automatic
Google is your best friend when looking for stuff like this

here is 30 sec search for "Toyota body rivets"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MBAUD0O?psc=1

if you look lower on the page there are more options to look at to match the different types that you may need

Also most auto part stores carry these things they may not match exactly but will work if you need them right away but they wont have the same low price as getting from one of the online sources
scod4025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I would first try your dealership if it is relatively close at hand. I have two major dealerships in very close proximity to my house. One dealership has given me free replacement pins on two separate occasions. The other one wanted $ for them. You just never know. Sometimes a dealership will surprise you.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #4
vaironl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scod4025 View Post
Google is your best friend when looking for stuff like this

here is 30 sec search for "Toyota body rivets"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MBAUD0O?psc=1

if you look lower on the page there are more options to look at to match the different types that you may need

Also most auto part stores carry these things they may not match exactly but will work if you need them right away but they wont have the same low price as getting from one of the online sources
Thank you, Scod!!! I had no idea of what was the proper name for these things.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
vaironl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I would first try your dealership if it is relatively close at hand. I have two major dealerships in very close proximity to my house. One dealership has given me free replacement pins on two separate occasions. The other one wanted $ for them. You just never know. Sometimes a dealership will surprise you.
Thanks, WeeYaris!

I'll try to pass by my dealership sometime soon!
Old 05-07-2015, 04:25 AM   #6
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
I asked my dealership and it would be a couple of bucks per clip. If you're in no real rush for them, you could try aliexpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/25-Pc...977483176.html . For the price of 2 or 3, you can get a bunch in case you lose them or they get damaged.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote