Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #55
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,451
I ran into this picture today. I have no idea if it is really what the 2011 is going to look like, but if it is, I like it...

CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #56
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 9,392
Better have a TMIC for having that hood scoop there. And wth is that Honda?
__________________
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #57
cruz-gsr
 
cruz-gsr's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Lift Back
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ashland Mass
Posts: 512
i like it, it looks very good
__________________
cruz-gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #58
auxmike
 
auxmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, New Yawk
Posts: 2,070
Can anyone here read Japanese and tell us what is says?
__________________

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #59
gokartride
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 216
Looks pretty cool and, for once, so does the Honda!!!
gokartride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #60
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 9,392
Anyone notice that 5-lug pattern in that rendering?
__________________
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #61
liyux2k
 
liyux2k's Avatar
 
Drives: Vios
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I ran into this picture today. I have no idea if it is really what the 2011 is going to look like, but if it is, I like it...

lol that scoop looks like a hole pointing upwards
liyux2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:54 AM   #62
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!
 
computerlove87's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: jOakland
Posts: 279
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Looks like someone took a pic of the current Yaris then went a little crazy with PhotoShop's liquefy tool.
__________________
My OTHER car

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #63
ryota
Dry Bones
 
ryota's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 216
Send a message via AIM to ryota
that looks like it should be the "S" version... if so i might have to upgrade my little yaris sooner than the 15 years from now like i originally planned.
__________________
Ryota
ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #64
eht13
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 369
Anyone seen or heard anything new on the 2011 Yaris? Wonder what the hatchback and the sedan will look like, and whether the hatchback pic in this thread is legit. I have seen a couple times articles say that the new Yaris will be based on the iQ platform, so I'm thinking that would necessitate a smaller wheelbase, etc. than the Yaris has now. Wonder if that will be for the sedan too or just the hatchback. Thoughts?
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #65
Kal-El
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,197
The new Yaris is coming in 2012. The 2011 will be unchanged. I doubt the cars will be smaller than the current model.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #66
eht13
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
The new Yaris is coming in 2012. The 2011 will be unchanged. I doubt the cars will be smaller than the current model.
OK, thanks... so 2012 instead. But if it is on the iQ platform, it seems like it would be smaller than now... weird.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #67
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,129
it would be heavenly if it was just an iQ though. dirt cheap with even better gas mileage.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #68
Kal-El
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
OK, thanks... so 2012 instead. But if it is on the iQ platform, it seems like it would be smaller than now... weird.
Even if it is on the same platform, they can still stretch it. There's not a chance in hell that the Yaris would become the size of a microcar. As it is, the Scion IQ will fill a small niche.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #69
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~
 
yarisugi's Avatar
 
Drives: Me: Nuts:
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ハワイ
Posts: 1,988
It reads : "New model Vitz versus Honda New Compact Car"
Both will start selling in 2011.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:44 AM   #70
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー
 
BluYrs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
it would be heavenly if it was just an iQ though. dirt cheap with even better gas mileage.
Despite its diminutive size, the iQ is (or could be) by no means "dirt cheap". As its not intended as a "base" Toyota, all iQs come standard with alloys, A/C, leather steering wheel and gear knob, audio controls on steering wheel, keyless remote, immobilizer, electric windows, AM/FM radio with CD (MP3, WMA, 6 speakers, AUX in), heated seats, ABS and TC, 9 airbags (incl rear window). For comparison: the most expensive Aygo (excluding optional extras) undercuts the cheapest iQ by $2300.

I guess the next Yaris is going to be boxier-looking, following Toyota's latest design trends. In this sense the speculative photochop above is headed in the right direction. I don't think it will grow in size, it's more likely we'll see a smaller next-gen Yaris. This doesn't mean it will be smaller inside- I think some of the solutions seen on the iQ (smaller HVAC, position of rear shocks, differential and steering rack) could make it into the next Yaris.
__________________


The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #71
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluYrs View Post
Despite its diminutive size, the iQ is (or could be) by no means "dirt cheap". As its not intended as a "base" Toyota, all iQs come standard with alloys, A/C, leather steering wheel and gear knob, audio controls on steering wheel, keyless remote, immobilizer, electric windows, AM/FM radio with CD (MP3, WMA, 6 speakers, AUX in), heated seats, ABS and TC, 9 airbags (incl rear window). For comparison: the most expensive Aygo (excluding optional extras) undercuts the cheapest iQ by $2300.

I guess the next Yaris is going to be boxier-looking, following Toyota's latest design trends. In this sense the speculative photochop above is headed in the right direction. I don't think it will grow in size, it's more likely we'll see a smaller next-gen Yaris. This doesn't mean it will be smaller inside- I think some of the solutions seen on the iQ (smaller HVAC, position of rear shocks, differential and steering rack) could make it into the next Yaris.
that is in other countries, and with the iQ itself being imported to the US as a Scion, there is no chance of that being replicated here. The Yaris will always be the bottom of the line, and there will be a stripped version no matter what it is based off of. Like Kal-El mentioned, even if it is based off the iQ it will prolly be streched a bit at least.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #72
JBougie
Banned
 
JBougie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 1,293
I completely take back saying I wanted to trade up for a new model ... if the Yaris looks like that, I will just keep my 07 until it literally falls apart and forget about that. That really looks horrible :/
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 6 11-05-2012 01:18 AM
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 09-05-2010 08:53 PM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
New Toyota Yaris jaspie Australia 6 11-05-2008 10:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.