Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
New Shift Knob

Found it on Ebay for only $12. Aluminum, polished black with blue numbers. Went in thinking it was direct fit, but it actually uses screw in threads. Wasn't jazzed about that, but it fits great. Most importantly, it feels really good in my hand. Thinking about a leather boot to go with it.
Attached Images
  
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
miami
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Base
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 30
Do you have a shift extender on there? If so, do you like it?
miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
LTHatch
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Newark NJ
Posts: 216
Stock shifter length by the looks, i have the same knob and it looks like that before i adjusted the stock shift boot. Weighted shifter is fantastic, so much more shifting confidence vs the stock plastic knob.

How heavy is your knob ern-diz?
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami View Post
Do you have a shift extender on there? If so, do you like it?
LT is right, stock shifter length/height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHatch View Post
Stock shifter length by the looks, i have the same knob and it looks like that before i adjusted the stock shift boot. Weighted shifter is fantastic, so much more shifting confidence vs the stock plastic knob.

How heavy is your knob ern-diz?
It's not one of those 1lb knobs you see on Ebay, I wouldn't want it that heavy. It's relatively light, but is heavier than the stock knob, so it goes into gear more smoothly now.

How did you adjust the stock shift boot? Pics? I'm thinking about going with an aftermarket leather one. Any suggestions on where/which to consider?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #5
TerenceCruz
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 725
I have a silver one, with red numbers, but mine doesnt thread down all the way though, its weird. That knob looks good!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
I have a silver one, with red numbers, but mine doesnt thread down all the way though, its weird. That knob looks good!
Thanks, man. Weird about yours not threading all the way down.

Do you have the stock boot? I don't remember seeing any interior pics of your ride.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
LTHatch
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Newark NJ
Posts: 216
The 3rd Gen shift boot is more flexible, the fake leather part is just long enough to cover the shift rod with some spacers underneath(on top of the white plastic clip).


Can't go wrong with a leather shift boot, especially in one color looks very OEM but then again its your preference. Cant go wrong with it, it looks good already(should of bought my knob in black damnit) any boot will make it even better.
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #8
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
Very nice, thanks.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #9
TerenceCruz
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Thanks, man. Weird about yours not threading all the way down.

Do you have the stock boot? I don't remember seeing any interior pics of your ride.
Yes i do, i have a 2011, so its just the leather boot that i can pull up and down since i put a ziplock under the top haha.
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #10
TerenceCruz
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHatch View Post
The 3rd Gen shift boot is more flexible, the fake leather part is just long enough to cover the shift rod with some spacers underneath(on top of the white plastic clip).


Can't go wrong with a leather shift boot, especially in one color looks very OEM but then again its your preference. Cant go wrong with it, it looks good already(should of bought my knob in black damnit) any boot will make it even better.
Beautiful.. I would trade mine for a 3rd gen in a heart beat haha
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:43 PM   #11
TerenceCruz
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 725
I really like the feel of my 150mm bubble shift knob. It NEVER gets hot, and it's not too tall, and it has just enough leverage to make shifting a lot easier. I do have a short shifter as well. In the future I may want a blox spherical knob, but probably not on this car.



edit: OEM Leather boot FTW haha.
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #12
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
Looks good. I wonder if the 2011 leather shift boot would fit an '07...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #13
TerenceCruz
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Looks good. I wonder if the 2011 leather shift boot would fit an '07...
I'm sure it will!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #14
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
Update -

Looked at several options and decided on a suede universal shift boot from a local shop near my house. I'd say it's a 99% fit and really like how it looks. At 89% fit it would still look better than the stock rubber, in my opinion. It was significantly cheaper than some of the other options I looked at, which was also a plus.
Attached Images
 
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #15
TerenceCruz
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Update -

Looked at several options and decided on a suede universal shift boot from a local shop near my house. I'd say it's a 99% fit and really like how it looks. At 89% fit it would still look better than the stock rubber, in my opinion. It was significantly cheaper than some of the other options I looked at, which was also a plus.
Not too shabby!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:05 AM   #16
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
Not too shabby!
Thx, man.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #17
Kalispel
 
Kalispel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SE 5-Spd M
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Update -

Looked at several options and decided on a suede universal shift boot from a local shop near my house. I'd say it's a 99% fit and really like how it looks. At 89% fit it would still look better than the stock rubber, in my opinion. It was significantly cheaper than some of the other options I looked at, which was also a plus.
Seems to match your floor-mats/interior nicely, and looks 100x better than the stock OEM ultra-economy rubber boot.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:55 AM   #18
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Seems to match your floor-mats/interior nicely, and looks 100x better than the stock OEM ultra-economy rubber boot.
Thanks, man. That was my thought going in. Blue numbers on the knob and blue stitching on the boot to match the blue accents in the stock seats and door padding.

Now I'm deciding on weather I want to have a new matching piece of suede put over the micro image center console I have (the black leather on it is cracking/flaking off), or just spend the $125 on the stock arm rest. Upholstery guys aren't cheap!
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TWM Shift Knob SALE Until July 15th! TWM Performance Sponsors Classifieds Area 6 10-30-2009 12:46 PM
Back to school sale Short shifter, Shift Knob, EVERYTHING is on sale! TWM Performance TWM Performance 13 09-29-2009 10:55 AM
Classic shift knob from TWM Performance now available with engraved shift patterns! TWM Performance TWM Performance 0 07-21-2009 10:57 AM
Feb Shift Knob Sale From TWM! TWM Performance Sponsors Classifieds Area 2 02-18-2007 11:15 PM
Newest Shift Knob From TWM! TWM Performance Sponsors Classifieds Area 0 01-10-2007 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.