Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
Schmingie
 
Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 51
Squeaks, rattles and noises.

I have found my Yaris to have lots of rattles and noises from the interior.

The glove box was rattling - sounding like it was coming from the a-pillar. I still have rattling from the back somewhere, in the dash somewhere and both front doors.

Anyone else experiencing this?

You would figure working at a dealer this would be looked after, but as an employee my car always comes in last and its tough to get it in to be looked at.

S.
Schmingie is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
strange, my Yaris goes softly as a cloud, unless of courze, if I am goin' over 3500rpm.... I would suggest you bring it back for a check up.
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,117
Are the rattles happening all of the time, or only certain times? Like maybe at certain speeds?
why? is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
Polar_Yaris
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris 5 dr LE Auto
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 29
My instrument cluster rattles like crazy when the car is moving!! Only has 3000km!! It is driving me crazy...
Polar_Yaris is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
yariman
Speed Wrenchin'
 
yariman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris 3 door, Bayou Blue
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delta,B.C. Canada
Posts: 96
Should'nt rattle at all Schminqie, give em sh--! Tell em to treat you better or you'll go to the garage across the street LOL.
__________________
Quench my thirst with gasoline
yariman is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
Schmingie
 
Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 51
LOL - hehe thinking of quiting so that I can just be aregular customer - it will get looked after then.

S.
Schmingie is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #7
as400g33k
 
as400g33k's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 249
had ours for about 3 months now. no problems whatsoever. you should have yours looked at.
as400g33k is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #8
echo_hrs
Around the universe...
 
Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmingie
I have found my Yaris to have lots of rattles and noises from the interior.

The glove box was rattling - sounding like it was coming from the a-pillar. I still have rattling from the back somewhere, in the dash somewhere and both front doors.

Anyone else experiencing this?

You would figure working at a dealer this would be looked after, but as an employee my car always comes in last and its tough to get it in to be looked at.

S.
If there's a rattle in the back, check the sub-floor in the hatch, my RS wheel lock socket was bouncing around in the tray...

If you have stuff in the bins/gloveboxes, then they will bounce around...
echo_hrs is offline  
Old 02-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #9
paco
 
Drives: 2002 MINI Cooper
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 12
Eeek! My 2002 Cooper is a rattle-king... and the local MINI dealerships do not really care about rattles unfortunately.

I am thinking about a switch to the Yaris, but rattles are driving me crazy... especially on a brand new car! :(

As a positive note, the demo car was super quiet during my test drive (at least compared to my current car)!

I think you should have them look at it!


--
paco
paco is offline  
Old 02-13-2006, 02:59 AM   #10
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
My RS is not completely free from squeaks and rattles but fortunately they happen only on rough road surfaces and are at an acceptable level.
swng is offline  
Old 02-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #11
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!
 
GabL's Avatar
 
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
I found rattling from my dash as well, and when I was starting up, heard some resonance noise (metal noise) from the back as well, everything was tied up, and I check the spare tire area, nothing should be moving. Probably is something outside the car. Brought it back to the dealership, and the technician said it's a Yaris, don't expect the quietness in Camry or higher class cars... ...
GabL is offline  
Old 02-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #12
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
This morning I discovered that when I engaged the reverse gear, there was a low level rattle of some kind, sounding like some metallic part was vibrating because of lack of proper harnessing/cushioning. It did not appear to be important. I will mention it to the dealership when the car is due for service.
swng is offline  
Old 02-13-2006, 09:15 PM   #13
echo_hrs
Around the universe...
 
Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 228
Another contributor to rattles is if you have upgraded to larger (16-17") aftermarket alloys with low profile tires...
echo_hrs is offline  
Old 02-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #14
as400g33k
 
as400g33k's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
I found rattling from my dash as well, and when I was starting up, heard some resonance noise (metal noise) from the back as well, everything was tied up, and I check the spare tire area, nothing should be moving. Probably is something outside the car. Brought it back to the dealership, and the technician said it's a Yaris, don't expect the quietness in Camry or higher class cars... ...
thats , man... have no problems with noise on ours and we've had ours for 3 months now. to illustrate the problem to the technician, have him ride both your dealer's demo car and yours. I doubt the dealer demo car will also have those rattles.

a car is the 2nd most expensive thing (next to a house) that a person will buy in his lifetime.

even if its not a camry, you have the right to get 100% satisfaction from your purchase.
as400g33k is offline  
Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #15
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!
 
GabL's Avatar
 
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
This morning I discovered that when I engaged the reverse gear, there was a low level rattle of some kind, sounding like some metallic part was vibrating because of lack of proper harnessing/cushioning. It did not appear to be important. I will mention it to the dealership when the car is due for service.
I have the same rattle with mine, it seems to come from under the car, strange. I assume that's from the heat shield around the muffler or stuff making the noise.
GabL is offline  
Old 02-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #16
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!
 
GabL's Avatar
 
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by as400g33k
thats , man... have no problems with noise on ours and we've had ours for 3 months now. to illustrate the problem to the technician, have him ride both your dealer's demo car and yours. I doubt the dealer demo car will also have those rattles.

a car is the 2nd most expensive thing (next to a house) that a person will buy in his lifetime.

even if its not a camry, you have the right to get 100% satisfaction from your purchase.
Well, I did have a 10 mins drive with the technician, and that's what he said to me. He said what he heard is normal... blah blah blah...
GabL is offline  
Old 02-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #17
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Yo, which dealer did you went to in Toronto?
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #18
as400g33k
 
as400g33k's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 249
time to lay the smackdown on that dealership. get a 2nd opinion on a different service center. if they confirm that it is a default, bring it up with your service station manager, then to your dealer manager then to toyota canada customer service.

never give up!
as400g33k is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.