Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #91
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!
 
GabL's Avatar
 
Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
How can I thank you? We are all members trying to help one another and everybody's input, including of course yours, should be valuable.
At the end, this forum is to allow people to post their experience on the BSR issues. As you can see, this is one of the most viewed thread in the forum, so apparently these problems do raise certain concern to all the owners. I myself do work in the automotive industry, and these BSR issues is one of the most brought up problem for us. OEMs make their best effort to eliminate BSR, they install dampeners and bumpers to stop them. However, they can't find all the BSR, that's why we're all here!

Obviously these BSR issues do happen in most of our Yaris, and the purpose of this thread is to let other people know if there is a fix to some of these issues. Just as if Polar_Yaris didn't post there is a TSB from Toyota to fix a wire routing in the engine bay that will fix one of the rattling issue, I believe no one will know there is this solution to the problem.

Even if you're expecting rattle in this "low class" vehicle, I don't think you'll leave the car rattling like no tomorrow when you know there is a fix for that.

Just my 2cents.
GabL is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #92
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTech1
No. You're wrong. If anyone has a problem, it is definitely you. You have no clue about the word value. But like I said it's no use for me to explain to you, because it's like me beating a dead horse... It still goes no where.

Why don't you grow up and get a life.
Ok, you are really trying to anger me, no?

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Toyota spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the Yaris.

That is a lot of money.

You are saying that Toyota is too stupid to spend that much money and create a quality product.

Again I say you are wrong.

My father owns a 1982 Toyota Supra. It has over 250,000 miles on it. It is not in perfect shape. Brand new is costed about 12 grand. Even to this day their are NO squeeks or rattles.

You claim you know what you are talking about.If their are regular squeeks and rattles, I say Toyota did not get the value out of its workers that it deserves. If I spent a few hundred million dollars on developing a product, I know I'd want the product to be defect free.

That is what you have to understand. The consumer is not the one who paid to create the vehicle. Toyota did. The consumer is just paying to purchase a vehicle that is endowed with all the quality and value that Toyota has placed in these vehicles when they spent hundreds of millions of dollars to create the vehicle.

As to your pathetic analogy, if I purchased any product for 3 bucks, it damn well better be defect free or I would return it.

Squeeks, rattles, and other constant noises are NOT to be expected, they are defects. They are to be fixed.

People like you who expect low quality products are the reason GM makes crappy vehicles and expects them to sell. They think all consumers want are crappy low quality vehicles. It is also the reason Toyota is going to become the #1 World Wide Car Manufacturer this year. They create high quality products and everyone knows it.
why? is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #93
jcove
 
jcove's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Rogue
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Ok, you are really trying to anger me, no?

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Toyota spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the Yaris.

That is a lot of money.

You are saying that Toyota is too stupid to spend that much money and create a quality product.

Again I say you are wrong.

My father owns a 1982 Toyota Supra. It has over 250,000 miles on it. It is not in perfect shape. Brand new is costed about 12 grand. Even to this day their are NO squeeks or rattles.

You claim you know what you are talking about.If their are regular squeeks and rattles, I say Toyota did not get the value out of its workers that it deserves. If I spent a few hundred million dollars on developing a product, I know I'd want the product to be defect free.

That is what you have to understand. The consumer is not the one who paid to create the vehicle. Toyota did. The consumer is just paying to purchase a vehicle that is endowed with all the quality and value that Toyota has placed in these vehicles when they spent hundreds of millions of dollars to create the vehicle.

As to your pathetic analogy, if I purchased any product for 3 bucks, it damn well better be defect free or I would return it.

Squeeks, rattles, and other constant noises are NOT to be expected, they are defects. They are to be fixed.

People like you who expect low quality products are the reason GM makes crappy vehicles and expects them to sell. They think all consumers want are crappy low quality vehicles. It is also the reason Toyota is going to become the #1 World Wide Car Manufacturer this year. They create high quality products and everyone knows it.
Well said! I think we should just leave this guy on his own. I won't say what I want to say about him here or I'd get myself in trouble. As I said, I work in the automotive industry in the manufacturing side of things. I know how things should work and how strict Toyota is when there are any issues. They want to avoid any problems with vehicles and will look after you if you raise the issue to their attention. That's why I bought a Toyota. There are some people out there that should educate themselves before they open their mouths and have the guts to admit when they are wrong.
jcove is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #94
jcove
 
jcove's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Rogue
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 231
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTech1
I wasn't implying that the yaris is cheap. I was using the 3 bucks to show how different it is from 249 bucks. That's a big difference, isn't it?

And even if the car is brand new, and it's an 11,000 thousand dollars, I'd still feel safe to say that it's bound to have rattles, whether it's at the beginning of ownership or miles down the road... As for 150,000... It should have no rattles what so ever, but even then, those cars tend to have tiny rattles that you may not notice until you continue to own the vehicle. Cars these days are made of cheaper materials. So what do you expect? Anyone who can't understand that, just shouldn't buy a car. I know we all want to "baby" our cars, but face it already. You can't stop the rattles...
Get a life and learn to read.

As I said my car does not have any rattles and it shouldn't for most of the life of the car. "Autotech"? You should learn more about cars, or buy a REAL car. The materials used in most cars today are better than 5 - 10 years ago, not cheaper material. The fit and finish on an 11,000 car is just as important as more expensive cars because the next car you purchase will more than likely be decided upon more on experience with your previous vehicles and the less expensive models are usually the best sellers, as it's more in line with the general public. Again, I work in the industry and know a lot about cars. I have worked at and with stamping, assembly and trim automotive manufacturers. I'm basing my comments on facts, not opinions.
jcove is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #95
YarisBueller
Administrator
 
YarisBueller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 191
Ok everyone, before it gets out of hand, lets keep it friendly and civil like swng said ! We're all here for the yaris after all, not to fight over nothing. Everyone can disagree and have strong opinions, which is what life is all about, but don't let it spill over into personal attacks, please consider if you would use the same words if you were talking to the person in real life.

thanks everyone ! :)

YarisBueller is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #96
Polar_Yaris
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris 5 dr LE Auto
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTech1
I'm sorry, but for someone who works for a car rental company that's all you do... You work for a car rental company... You obviously don't know much about cars. And if you're talking about some other country, I'm talking about the ones that are coming to the USDM... So you probably aren't following what I'm saying correctly.
I work for a rental car company and I do know about cars. I work on cars myself and my family member is a transportation mechanic(dealing with 18 wheelers and other smaller cars) "Obviously" .........I didn't disclose enough about what I do for a living and pleasure...that's obvious.
Polar_Yaris is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #97
AutoTech1
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Farmington NY
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Ok, you are really trying to anger me, no?

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Toyota spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the Yaris.

That is a lot of money.

You are saying that Toyota is too stupid to spend that much money and create a quality product.

Again I say you are wrong.

My father owns a 1982 Toyota Supra. It has over 250,000 miles on it. It is not in perfect shape. Brand new is costed about 12 grand. Even to this day their are NO squeeks or rattles.

You claim you know what you are talking about.If their are regular squeeks and rattles, I say Toyota did not get the value out of its workers that it deserves. If I spent a few hundred million dollars on developing a product, I know I'd want the product to be defect free.

That is what you have to understand. The consumer is not the one who paid to create the vehicle. Toyota did. The consumer is just paying to purchase a vehicle that is endowed with all the quality and value that Toyota has placed in these vehicles when they spent hundreds of millions of dollars to create the vehicle.

As to your pathetic analogy, if I purchased any product for 3 bucks, it damn well better be defect free or I would return it.

Squeeks, rattles, and other constant noises are NOT to be expected, they are defects. They are to be fixed.

People like you who expect low quality products are the reason GM makes crappy vehicles and expects them to sell. They think all consumers want are crappy low quality vehicles. It is also the reason Toyota is going to become the #1 World Wide Car Manufacturer this year. They create high quality products and everyone knows it.
You are an idiot. For one thing, you act like the Yaris is the only car that has had millions invested in it. Get a book and get your numbers right. For my second point, I never said Toyota is too stupid to not use quality materials. You are just too stupid to acknowledge that you get what you pay for so I can't help you there if you fail to understand.

And as for Toyota paying to create the product. You are also wrong. The consumer pays for that too... They pay with it with their interest in the product. Without no consumer there is no product, K? Gesh... Ever heard the saying "The customer is always right?" That's just not a BS saying. It's actually true.

And for my next point. Whether you pay a dollar, 3 grand, a million of a billion, everything has a defect. Get over it. Don't get me wrong. I baby my parents cars (Yes. I'm only 17) too, but I understand reason too.

And also. If they are to be fixed... These defects... Don't you think they'd be loose peices that you could possibly fix with a screwdriver etc? Why would you even bring it into a dealer? Give away more money than you need to? Unless it's something you can't get to, then you must be pretty stupid...

And for your 411. GM only makes bad vehicles, because they don't take the time to check their stuff over. And also that is also is very stereotypical, which shows you how much you know about cars. My parents own two GMs (A Vibe and a G6) and they function well. As for the whole GM being lazy... They'd rather deal with recalls, because they know most of their customers won't come to get the recall. So they save money, because they don't have to fix the problem, they created in the first place. If you know anything, it's not because of people like me. You are very ignorant.

And also. I am an Auto Technician... Sure I'm only 17, but I am very knowledgeable. And I think I've been pretty helpful, and I don't say anything unless I'm sure it's correct... So you choose to not believe me. And if I say something that isn't correct, feel free to correct me, because I know that I don't know everything... But please don't be ignorant...

Last edited by AutoTech1; 03-06-2006 at 08:45 PM.
AutoTech1 is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #98
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
At the end, this forum is to allow people to post their experience on the BSR issues. As you can see, this is one of the most viewed thread in the forum, so apparently these problems do raise certain concern to all the owners. I myself do work in the automotive industry, and these BSR issues is one of the most brought up problem for us. OEMs make their best effort to eliminate BSR, they install dampeners and bumpers to stop them. However, they can't find all the BSR, that's why we're all here!

Obviously these BSR issues do happen in most of our Yaris, and the purpose of this thread is to let other people know if there is a fix to some of these issues. Just as if Polar_Yaris didn't post there is a TSB from Toyota to fix a wire routing in the engine bay that will fix one of the rattling issue, I believe no one will know there is this solution to the problem.

Even if you're expecting rattle in this "low class" vehicle, I don't think you'll leave the car rattling like no tomorrow when you know there is a fix for that.

Just my 2cents.
I agree with you friend. Since you have quoted my post, let me respond. In at least one of my previous posts, I already said that my Yaris was not cheap.
I would never consider my Yaris "low class". If there is a rattle that points to some problem, I will get it fixed.
I thanked a member for agreeing with me that, inter alia, we all had come to discuss our problems rationally and I agreed that I would be reasonable in my way of approaching the problem of rattles. By doing so, I hoped to win his friendship and understanding so that all could stay focused to contribute positively to the production of more acceptable solutions for the problem of rattles. I was sincere. I do treasure everybody's friendship. Sadly, several posts ago, I already thought that things could come to a head and I was making efforts uninvitedly to avert that, at least for my own comfort. In one of my previous posts, I did hint to the forum adminstrators to pay some attention to the situation.
When we come to a forum, we expect to meet people with a diversity of views. In this thread, there are people who think any rattles are unacceptable and there is/are people to whom rattles are unavoidable(talking about the Yaris). As for me, sometimes rattles will happen anyway but if there are repeating rattles that affect my investment, comfort and safety, I will go to see the dealer. That has always been my stand.
It has been a pleasure communicating with high calibre people like you guys!
Can I now hold out my hand and shake everybody else's?
swng is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #99
AutoTech1
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Farmington NY
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
Get a life and learn to read.

As I said my car does not have any rattles and it shouldn't for most of the life of the car. "Autotech"? You should learn more about cars, or buy a REAL car. The materials used in most cars today are better than 5 - 10 years ago, not cheaper material. The fit and finish on an 11,000 car is just as important as more expensive cars because the next car you purchase will more than likely be decided upon more on experience with your previous vehicles and the less expensive models are usually the best sellers, as it's more in line with the general public. Again, I work in the industry and know a lot about cars. I have worked at and with stamping, assembly and trim automotive manufacturers. I'm basing my comments on facts, not opinions.
I need to learn more about cars??? You need to learn more about how to get your head out your butt (I'm not trying to get kicked off here). I work on cars... They call people like me "Auto Technicians." Ever heard the term? That explains why my name is AutoTech. And although I'm only 17, I'm just putting in my input. Most of the stuff I have written is fact or is based on common sense... I'd say about 85-90%. The rest is opinion. Feel free to express it... And as for materials, I'm not talking about comparing them back to 10 years ago. And even if I was, you'd only be partially correct. For somethings they are better. But I refuse to agree with you on that all the way, because you are partially wrong and I know it from facts Jcove. Cars are made from cheaper materials... If you don't believe me do a google or continue to not believe me... That's ok... I have no problem with that... I'm not going to make you.

Last edited by AutoTech1; 03-06-2006 at 08:55 PM.
AutoTech1 is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #100
AutoTech1
 
Drives: None yet
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Farmington NY
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
Get a life and learn to read.

As I said my car does not have any rattles and it shouldn't for most of the life of the car. "Autotech"? You should learn more about cars, or buy a REAL car. The materials used in most cars today are better than 5 - 10 years ago, not cheaper material. The fit and finish on an 11,000 car is just as important as more expensive cars because the next car you purchase will more than likely be decided upon more on experience with your previous vehicles and the less expensive models are usually the best sellers, as it's more in line with the general public. Again, I work in the industry and know a lot about cars. I have worked at and with stamping, assembly and trim automotive manufacturers. I'm basing my comments on facts, not opinions.
Since I need to "get a life and learn to read and should learn more about cars and purchase a REAL one" supposedly, here is what I have to back up what I said... This came from Modified Magazine, one of the more popular magazines out there for enthusiasts who like to modify their cars (They are in the top ranks (if not on the top of all these) with ImportTuner, SuperStreet etc)... It says qoute on qoute (Don't bust down on my spelling because I was typing this from the magazine quiet fast. Also I'd be happy to post more examples for you buddy since I don't know much about cars. ):

Modified Magazine
June 2005
By Peter Tarach

"It's all About the Shafts"; Project STi

"When autmoblie manufacturers design drive axles they design them to be as cost effective as possible and you can't really blame them for this. After all most people want the best bang for their buck when buying a car and this is one of the many ways manufacturers can keep costs down. The problem is these days automobile manufacturers have made them so much weaker that it's becoming a common occurence for high performance modified vehicles to break axles. For example, the new 2004 Honda Civic has drive axles that are weaker than a 1990 Acura Integra and yet the Civic has more standard horsepower. Over the last 10 years the build quility of factory axles has gone down significantly."

So even if we were talking about in a ten yr range period (or rather 15 yr I should really say), you'd still be partially wrong. :-P I will still agree with you partially on things have improved... But that's only somethings... Some other things have actually became worse, like this here for example.

And so you know that I use facts too, so get your own damn facts straight. You seem to think you now it all, but no one does. I work with a lot of people that think they know everything, but they don't know shit, so I just let them break stuff and laugh at them afterwards, and boy do they look stupid. I'll admit, I myself don't know everything. Happy? :-)

And why yes... I'm only 17. Maybe I don't own a car... Hell. I don't even have a license yet, if you really want to know something interesting. :-P And I do have a life and I'm pretty damn sure I read more than you. I take great pride in what I do and I love it. So don't give me anymore of that BS, because I do back up what I say. I'm glad you're bringing your A game though, but you still need to grow up for someone who "works in the industry"... :-P You make me laugh. And by no means am I trying to anger you, but I'm being serious.

Last edited by AutoTech1; 03-06-2006 at 09:58 PM.
AutoTech1 is offline  
Old 03-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #101
YarisBueller
Administrator
 
YarisBueller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 191
This thread has been closed due to sheer immaturity.
YarisBueller is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.