Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Best way to touch up scraped bumper?

Well my front bumper from the lowest line to wear it starts curving under the car, had a dinner date last night with a nice yellow curb. It left some scrapes and yellow paint streaks on the bumper :( What's the best way of going about fixing it the best possible looks wise, short of replacing the whole bumper? The car is Polar White. I'm guessing some fine sandpaper while being applied very easily could take off some of the yellow paint streaks.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

I'd start by rubbing with some mineral spirits. I got some splashed yellow traffic paint from my wife driving over a not-yet-dry painted stripe on a road off of the fenders of my minivan off that way.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
4wd

Drives: White
sorry to be off topic, but yaris hilton, your name is hilarious
4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Use McGuires scratch remover. It comes in a wide black tube. Go easy and the yellow line should rub off and the scrape will be minimized to it's greatest extent. You may end up with no damage.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Use McGuires scratch remover. It comes in a wide black tube. Go easy and the yellow line should rub off and the scrape will be minimized to it's greatest extent. You may end up with no damage.
along with that if you have any deep scratches then a high quality touch up ball point style pen to fill in, then lightly sand and apply light coating of clear.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote