Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Type S
Send a message via AIM to AzianCuz
Thumbs up Blitz Compressor Discontinued - Need Parts?

I just found out that Blitz is no longer making parts for the Blitz Compressors for our 1NZfe.

I had to get a new Tension Bracket but they no longer supported any parts. I had to get it made. Luckily my buddy owns a machine shop and he made me the part. The original is heavy and made out of steel.

The one that I had made was made out of Aircraft Aluminum material 7075 grade.

7075 is able to match most steel alloys in terms of strength. ... On the other hand, 7075 is one of the strongest aluminum alloys available. While 7075 is less workable than 6061, if your greatest consideration is strength, then 7075 is probably the better choice.

If anyone is in need of parts custom made, maybe he can help. I also got a bent bolt replaced into aircraft grade material.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blitz Tension Bracket (Custom).jpg (317.1 KB, 123 views)
BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
AzianCuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
bob225

Drives: Yaris
A nice bit of work, CNC milled and tapped, I take it ?

You could have gone with a nice bit of titanium or stainless

Saying that, alloy polishes up nice

Edit. Just looked up the blitz kit it looks like it uses the Eaton M62, so spares for that side of it shouldn't be an issue
bob225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Thanks for the information Bob! Going to check it out.
BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
Old 02-28-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob225 View Post
Edit. Just looked up the blitz kit it looks like it uses the Eaton M62, so spares for that side of it shouldn't be an issue
Close but no cigar. It's a modified Ogura TX07. I scored a new OEM one on ebay a few years back and confirmed that it's the original part. The only pain in the arse is that the splined connection on the input shaft doesn't readily accept standard clutch pulleys.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
AzianCuz
conundrum562

I got connections for the Gaskets & Machine Parts, I seen rebuild services for around $300 as well.

Just wanted to see what we can do to keep these running as long as possible for the future :)

I love my compressor!
Old 05-27-2019, 10:26 PM   #6
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Exclamation Blitz Tension Pulley - Aircraft Aluminum Lightweight Spares

Blitz Tension Pulley Made Out Of Aluminum Aircraft, very lightweight. I can probably get lightweight pulleys made too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blitz Tension Pulley - Lightweight Aircraft Aluminum.jpg (14.0 KB, 71 views)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:14 AM   #7
Gorilla

Drives: Vitz & Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianCuz View Post
Blitz Tension Pulley Made Out Of Aluminum Aircraft, very lightweight. I can probably get lightweight pulleys made too!
Can I get more info?? I want some more boost from my Blitz kit and I have been researching but cant find anything.
Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #8
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Such a cool thread. The CNC stuff is amazing. When I was into flight simulator scenery design, I was invited to a community college where they were making a replica of a Dash-8 cockpit. When I was visiting, they were milling the parts for the throttle quadrant from plans that they got from Bombardier. If I recall, they were also milling a motor cycle finned head from a block of aluminum or other alloy. So amazing.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote