Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
E dot Rio

Drives: White 2007 Yaris 3-door
Megan Racing Springs V. DF210 Springs...

Hello, Yarisworld. I'm pretty much clueless to these two brands, but they seem to be the most used by Yarisworld members. I can get the Megans for $140 or so OR the Tanabe DF210 for $160 or so. Which one would ya'll recommend?

One concern that arises in my mind is the higher drop ratio of the DF210. Will this be a problem in the future? Are my shocks more susceptible to blowing out due to this higher ratio?

I would appreciate any help greatly and even better, it would be great if you all could share your experiences thus far with either product.

Thanks, folks.
E dot Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
I really don't see many people with megan racing springs. Lots of people run DF210s without blowing their struts, and Garm has them for 158 with free shipping- www.microimageonline.com
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
E dot Rio

Thanks, bro. Yeah, that's the website I was checking them out on. I'm guessing he's well known and very legit. Is Garm the same as "cali yaris?"

Since lots of people run DF210's, is there a reason for that? I'm trying to convince my brother to get the DF210's instead of the Megans, but I need to come up with a good argument via testimonials from people that actually have them on.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by E dot Rio View Post
Thanks, bro. Yeah, that's the website I was checking them out on. I'm guessing he's well known and very legit. Is Garm the same as "cali yaris?"
Yes he is, and he is very legit and reputable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E dot Rio View Post
Since lots of people run DF210's, is there a reason for that? I'm trying to convince my brother to get the DF210's instead of the Megans, but I need to come up with a good argument via testimonials from people that actually have them on.
Pretty sure just because its the most drop for your buck, and they are decent quality.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
Garm a.k.a the caliyaris is da man....

Im using the tanabe df210...it's a great product for the price...been using them for about a week and it seats about an inch between my fender and tires....
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
If Garm has them in stock, I suggest trying the AOE TigerTec springs. A little bit stiffer then the other brands of springs but after the break-in period of the AOE's, I love em. Low enough to look great yet it's not "slammed" to the ground. Not to mention they ride pretty good as well and help handling a very good amount. And from what I believe Garm was saying before, the AOE springs should be on the cheaper priced side as well ;)
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
E dot Rio

^Thanks for your input. I just inboxed Garm about having any of those in stock. Could you possibly tell me what the drop rate on the TigerTecs is? I'll inbox you in case you don't go back to this thread. Thanks.