Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
OBX CAT BACK EXHAUST System 05-10 TOYOTA YARIS HB Dual

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OBX-CAT-BACK-...p=mtr#shpCntId

Question has anyone run this setup ...looks like a good price even tho shipping is 100$
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #2
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
It's a good set up. Search on this site theirs a few posts on it with recent replies as of yesterday. Only thing it's not street legal. No cat and no respnator.

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigaud View Post
It's a good set up. Search on this site theirs a few posts on it with recent replies as of yesterday. Only thing it's not street legal. No cat and no respnator.
cool and ty, well at that price i can use just the axle back keep rest stock but honestly would just run it and since the e test is now based on plugging in the computer think one may get away with it unless u look under the car lol
Old 11-01-2015, 04:32 PM   #4
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
cool and ty, well at that price i can use just the axle back keep rest stock but honestly would just run it and since the e test is now based on plugging in the computer think one may get away with it unless u look under the car lol
No cat is illegal and OB2 diagnostics they do has to have some history stored. If your light comes on and you simply clear the codes before your emissions test they will ask you to come back several days later. Also they may end up looking underneath if the the sensor temps make no sense. Careful thinking their not gonna look because they might and that's an instant fail plus could wind up with a fine. It use to be around $360 for no cat in Ontario, might be higher.

Just trying to help.

For me in Quebec their horrible and cops who pull over cars with aftermarket exhaust will very often kneel down and try to look. If their not sure and suspect, they they find two more reasons (valid or not) to send us to inspection. I custom fitted both a cat and res from Magnaflow before ever driving it with the OBX. It's loud but from the back, no drone underneath.

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
Exiwolfman

Do agree with you sounds like more trouble than its worth and yes new emissions is based on drivibility and will flag the car if anything is off.
Looks like I'm gone look for something else plus most review state that it's bit loud and I'm bit old for that lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk