Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
Taiyaki
アキバ製

Drives: 09' White LB, Celica GTS
DIY: Colibri Power Window Install

This is what I did to make it work, if anything happens like a fuse blows or somthing, you will remember reading this and look in your side view mirror and yell at your self.

Ok just to start this is just to help people, not a detailed DIY but thought it might help.
Many people seem to get or want to get this kit from A1, and it a good kit so here we go!!

So first I wanted to mount it to the door. If you want to wire it up first jump ahead.
So take off them door panels (guide for it is already there so I will skip it)

Now you will quickly notice two things that I think look like a fishing pole and reel. So I will call it that. Call it what you want.

So on the "reel" you will notice once side with holes. Very cool holes. And one side with MORE holes! holy smokes! the side with the more holes is where you will bolt the brackets to.

Now you can choose which holes you want to use and where to mount your brackets. You might need to cut or bend them.

Now there is a bolt on the top! Sweeeeet! one less hole to drill. Dont be shy USE IT!

Whoa whoa whoa dont put that cutter away just yet, you might need it for the other brackets, yes there is more~

Now you see a bunch of black plastic pieces like a....oh idk... Gundam kit or model airplane. You dont need them all.

Now you will see this

Look for the one that says "8" and remove it, you are going to use that.

now put it on the door crank.

Now I dont have pics for this but you will see three(3) parts, one large, one medium, and one small. Use the medium on and pound it into the end of the fishing pole, making sure it is sicking out AWAY from the door.

next you will see this part

Now this is important. on that thing you just pounded into the end of the fishing pole, if you look hard you will notice that it has a small hole in it.

now line up the holes and slip them together with the one you put on the crank. Then notice that there is now two holes

you will screw in two small screws

Now make some brackets for this part, YES! you need them!

I know mines looks ugly!

Now let wire it up!

If you read the wiring guide is pretty easy to understand, but if you dont here ill make it easy.

The color of lines = the color of wire.
Here is the driver side (driver window switch and passenger switch)

Here is the passenger switch, there is two black wires (one goes to the motor)

Now you need the thread it threw everything, you can use whatever route you want, but when it goes in the doors make sure that it goes around this bar.

if you dont, when you roll down your window it will hit the wires.

Now this part is what I had problems with.

"Where to tap for power?!"

ask around, I used a relay. You can do something else if you want. So this part is all you~

Now i will tell you what i did. Im not telling you to do this, I wont hit you with my dip stick if you dont do it my way. Im just saying what I did.

So I picked up a SPST relay. what is that? its a relay with the 4 prongs.
now they will be numbered (30, 85, 86, 87)

30- Straight to battery
85- he was bad so I Grounded him
86- ignition wire (I tapped to my alarm)
87- Power window wire (red)

your done.
Taiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote