Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
dlinkwit27

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Question My New Yaris (First Car), About me, and my TSB Questions

Howdy, I think this is the right place to post, I was thinking the "New Yaris" forum above, but I thought maybe the Service place would be better.

Onto the meat of the matter.

I just bought (4 weeks ago) a 2007 Blazing Blue Yaris Liftback, or rather, LB (look at me learning the lingo :p ) and I was originally frustrated with the horrible shuffle algorithm that is used, and that lead me to these forums. I looked around, and discovered "TSB" or as I found out via Google, Technical Service Bulletins.

Now, this is my first new car ever purchased, I am only 22 years old. My knowledge of cars is limited, but I can read a DIY and use a screwdriver, so I am not a complete fool but I am no mechanic. (I also am able to recognize when a DIY is truly over my head). So I read these TSB's about the pulling to a side and whatnot, and I come to think, "who repairs this?" followed by, since I am a college student "who pays for this?". Now, I am assuming that since it (they) is a Toyota recognized problem(s) and since my car is only 4 weeks old, and thus, still under the 3-year 36,000 mile warranty, in either case, my dealer should fix these issues for free, or at a very, very, small fee.

Am I correct?

I've searched the boards, but searches that contain the words "tsb" and "repair" just bring up majority of the threads here, so they were no good.

Any other advice, tips, etc about my new car woudl be greatly appreciated as well :)

Thanks!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Toyotech
Your Toyota Technician

Drives: 06 Cobalt SS/SC, 06 Rolla S
Send a message via AIM to Toyotech
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinkwit27 View Post
Howdy, I think this is the right place to post, I was thinking the "New Yaris" forum above, but I thought maybe the Service place would be better.

Onto the meat of the matter.

I just bought (4 weeks ago) a 2007 Blazing Blue Yaris Liftback, or rather, LB (look at me learning the lingo :p ) and I was originally frustrated with the horrible shuffle algorithm that is used, and that lead me to these forums. I looked around, and discovered "TSB" or as I found out via Google, Technical Service Bulletins.

Now, this is my first new car ever purchased, I am only 22 years old. My knowledge of cars is limited, but I can read a DIY and use a screwdriver, so I am not a complete fool but I am no mechanic. (I also am able to recognize when a DIY is truly over my head). So I read these TSB's about the pulling to a side and whatnot, and I come to think, "who repairs this?" followed by, since I am a college student "who pays for this?". Now, I am assuming that since it (they) is a Toyota recognized problem(s) and since my car is only 4 weeks old, and thus, still under the 3-year 36,000 mile warranty, in either case, my dealer should fix these issues for free, or at a very, very, small fee.

Am I correct?

I've searched the boards, but searches that contain the words "tsb" and "repair" just bring up majority of the threads here, so they were no good.

Any other advice, tips, etc about my new car woudl be greatly appreciated as well :)

Thanks!
for one, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

now, the TSB is done by the dealer technician free of charge. just have to bring the vehicle in and verify if it is pulling to the left or right then they will diagnose from there. swap tires, rotate, alignment...
Toyotech is offline   Reply With Quote