Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
Squid111999

Drives: 08 Yaris hatch
I've got 17" wheels on mine and was wanting to lower mine, so knowing how yours is will help me be less hesitant on making mine look better lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Squid111999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid111999 View Post
I've got 17" wheels on mine and was wanting to lower mine, so knowing how yours is will help me be less hesitant on making mine look better lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I love it. It's made me stoked on my car again.

Only thing to keep in mind is your wheel offset. I got the wheels before I was sure about lowering, so I didn't pay attention to offset, I was just going for a specific look. Now that I'm lowered, since the wheels aren't the right offset, I get a bit of rubbing in certain situations. If you lower it and your 17's aren't the proper offset for the drop, you might also get some rubbing. In my case, it hits near the outside, just before the actual painted fender, on the plastic wheel well. It's caused some light wearing of the plastic, but per inspection by a wheel and tire shop, isn't doing any significant damage and is not a potentially dangerous situation. I just have to live with a little rub sound here and there. If your 17's aren't the right offset, you should think about how much an occasional rub might annoy you and furthermore, depending on your wheels, might even have to think about changing them if it's to the point where it's doing significant damage. I'm by no means a gear head / expert, but that's the info I've gathered in my experience. Just something to think about.

No pics of your car yet?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote