Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
Pompeii66

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan
Saw a versa tonight.

Was driving past my local Nissan dealer tonight and saw a new (red) versa on the front line of the lot. I just had to take a look.
It looks ugly.
Looks like a bigger "Fit". It does look more luxurious and more well equipped than any Yaris Liftback inside.
The Highway milage was listed at 36MPG.
Most unappealing part was the price; $17,000
There is nothing "different" about or nothing that sets the Versa aside from most other cars.

I'm still happy with my decision to get my Yaris Liftback.
Pompeii66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I didn't want a station wagon... I wanted a sport compact. I ended up with a compact that needs a little more sport, but that can alllllll be fixed later.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #3
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
I actually come up behind a black Nissan Versa today on the drive home. Reminds me a of a Dodge Caliber, only slightly smaller. I wasn't very impressed with it from my short look-over.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:25 AM   #4
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
they are ugly imo, and for the price, I'm better off getting a civic.
A
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogs2k
they are ugly imo, and for the price, I'm better off getting a civic.
A
Totally agree.. It is ugly. I
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Looks aside Nissan has dropped the ball, since the restructure and increased prifitability they've become far less reliable. Toyota wins there too!
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz
Looks aside Nissan has dropped the ball, since the restructure and increased profitibility they've become far less reliable. Toyota wins there too!

OUCH ON THE SPEIL CHICKER!!!
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeii66
Was driving past my local Nissan dealer tonight and saw a new (red) versa on the front line of the lot. I just had to take a look.
It looks ugly.
Looks like a bigger "Fit". It does look more luxurious and more well equipped than any Yaris Liftback inside.
The Highway milage was listed at 36MPG.
Most unappealing part was the price; $17,000
There is nothing "different" about or nothing that sets the Versa aside from most other cars.

I'm still happy with my decision to get my Yaris Liftback.

Yeah I have my reservations with the Versa, I'm partial to it...yes it is the "biggest" and most powerful "sub-compact" but its size says otherwise (referring to the sub-compact), and its equiped to the point you either get a Sentra (yes I know its moving up market) or stick with the Versa...I don't get Nissan putting these cars so close to each other as far as specs (size, and engine), sure the Versa starts off cheaper but doesn't take much to add on! They may have the biggest compact opps sorry Nissan "sub-compact" but doesn't that defeat the point? I read that they may have class leading leg room and passenger room but the FIT beats it in interior room, ha! Just because a car or suv is bigger doesn't mean it is inside, its all about how you use the interior space...enough of my rant. I have yet to see a Versa on the road...I saw it at the auto show but was up on a platform so I couldn't get too close.
Wait till the sedan version that comes out later...major
Old 07-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #9
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
It looks like a miniature Nissan Quest. Take a comparison of the two and its true.

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
Tanabe USA

Drives: Toyota Vitz
We had received a Nissan Versa from Nissan N. America many months ago for R&D and it is a nice car. It trends to a different class, and is more along the lines of competing with larger and more expensive 5-doors such as the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe and the Mazda 3.

The Versa has a very powerful powerplant, CVT Transmission options, or a 6 speed manual. One thing of note on the Versa is that Nissan has went in a different direction with their interiors, and the interior of the Versa is very nice compared to past Nissan Vehicles. It has a very nice interior layout, and has a lot of options.

Although released along a similar time frame as the Yaris and Fit, it is at the bleeding edge of what can be considered an "economy, sub-compact"

Tanabe Racing Development USA, Inc.
"We engineer performance!"
http://www.tanabe-usa.com

Performance parts for the Yaris/Vitz available 6-17-06. Please check forum or email us at info@tanabe-usa.com for updates and information.
Tanabe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:33 AM   #11
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
It might not look that good now, but it doesn't take much to make them look sharp.

You can't tell me that's still ugly.

~YR
Old 08-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #12
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge
It might not look that good now, but it doesn't take much to make them look sharp.

You can't tell me that's still ugly.

~YR
That's not a Versa. That's a concept car that's be plaguing the internet for over a year now. That was rumored the be the Versa release, but then they scrapped it. Then it was rumored to be the next Sentra SE-R, but that was proven false as well. It's built on the same platform but that's about it.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #13
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I agree that tha "kit" looks good (even if it was available). Still, I want a car that looks good from the dealership, not after a bodykit. Heck, the stock Fit looks somehow well compared the stock Versa!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote