Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
kw531

Drives: 5dr BlazingBlue; Likes Deer
Couple of parts questions

So I happened to hit (another) deer (number 2 this year!) and I need some parts identified. I'm having trouble finding them because I don't know what they are called. Any help would be appricated. It's a 2009HB 5 door if that matters. Here are some pictures.

Part 1, the black tab that holds the bumper in place

Part 2, this is what attaches the headlight to the bumper, sorry for the poor picture. I'll try to get a better one tomorrow.

Front damage for the interested:

Also the deer lived if any of you were interested.
kw531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
part # for first pic is 90467-07071-22, they're about $.72/ea. it's just called a clip on the parts list
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #3
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Dam twice you hit a deer, was it at night? And if so do you have proper lighting. Get some so you dont go through this again, hope all goes well. Holla.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
third photo, if thats a crack u can get it plastic weld, then just spray the bumper,
Old 07-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
kw531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
part # for first pic is 90467-07071-22, they're about $.72/ea. it's just called a clip on the parts list
Thanks a bunch, that's exactly what I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big lo View Post
Dam twice you hit a deer, was it at night? And if so do you have proper lighting. Get some so you dont go through this again, hope all goes well. Holla.
Nope, not even close to getting dark (around 5, we still have about 3 hours before sun starts to set)
They find me. I've had one jump out in front of me in the middle of the city (also during the day.) I didn't hit that one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazier View Post
third photo, if that's a crack u can get it plastic weld, then just spray the bumper,
Thanks for the help, I've never heard of a plastic weld but I'm sure my dad has. Any ideas on the plastic piece that attached my headlight to the bumper?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Is either of these the part's you are looking for?

Headlight Retainers.jpg
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
kw531

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Is either of these the part's you are looking for?

I don't think so, I just took another look at it, and it's not removable to the back of the headlight, so I'm going to have to replace the entire headlight.

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw531 View Post
I don't think so, I just took another look at it, and it's not removable to the back of the headlight, so I'm going to have to replace the entire headlight.

Thanks for your help!
Actually if one of the two mounting tabs is broken off, you don't need to replace the entire headlight. The parts that the drawing above is detailing are the replacements for the broken tabs. There are two holes near each tab, where the replacement tabs get screwed to. Toyota must have expected the tabs to be a weak point.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:11 AM   #9
robkay

Drives: Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Actually if one of the two mounting tabs is broken off, you don't need to replace the entire headlight. The parts that the drawing above is detailing are the replacements for the broken tabs. There are two holes near each tab, where the replacement tabs get screwed to. Toyota must have expected the tabs to be a weak point.
I had to replace the tabs on the lens on the driver's side of my 2007 hatchback. The part#'s are:
Top tab: 81194-52080 Bottom/left tab: 81196-52050
They are labeled "Retainer, Headlamp"
--------
As a cobble, if you are in a jam and need to try to fix them ASAP without the above parts, Loctite makes a cyanoacrylate adhesive that will work on polypropylene. It used to be called Plastix, but now they call it Loctite Plastics Bonding System (the "system" is just a tube of cyanoacrylate adhesive and a priming product).

Note that adhesives that will stick to polypropylene are very, very, very few. Superglue without the supplied primer WILL NOT WORK. Don't waste your time. And don't waste your money on a "I think I'll try this" product before carefully reading the fine print. Many adhesives that are indicated for plastic repair state: "Not for use on polypropylene or polyethylene...." That means it will not work. Don't even bother.

I would not trust simply gluing the tabs back on. After gluing the tabs on, further strengthen the repair using the "superglue and baking soda trick." If you are not familiar with this just search it on Youtube. Build up a few layers on both sides of the seam. This will strength the repair a lot. Be sure to use the primer everywhere you are putting glue on the plastic!
--

There are some other alternatives for reattaching the tabs if you have certain shop equipment. Search youtube. There are a couple different ways that guys do it.

Last edited by robkay; 11-14-2020 at 07:59 PM.
robkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, deer, headlight, omg again?