Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #217
MugenRep
iQ innovator & researcher

Drives: 2012 iQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Good luck!
Thanks Sir!!! All updated above!
MugenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #218
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenRep View Post
Thanks Sir!!! All updated above!
Looks like you gained some good knowledge/experience on how the car performs and managed to beat the Motor Trend numbers --all while having a good time. Super cool.

On Wheelwell

#TeamWheelwell #ForTheBuild
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #219
MugenRep

Quote:
Looks like you gained some good knowledge/experience on how the car performs and managed to beat the Motor Trend numbers --all while having a good time. Super cool.
Yes Sir! Wasn't my first time at the strip, but it was definitely my first time with any sort of automatic (previously with my supercharged Ep3 running 13.8 at 105mph). Launching in this car is going to require some experimentation as it only revs to 2200rpms and doesn't seem to want to come up to the full 6250 rpm very quickly from a stop. I saw on a few other boards that people lightly let off and slam their foot back down to engage a computer response that encourages a steeper variable gear to be chosen. I don't know though as I've yet to try it. Yesterday morning I also made sure to change a few things including fully gutting both primary and secondary cats (seems like it made a difference, but who knows). Now to install the Camcon, take the backseat out, put my lighter motorcycle Deka battery (made for liter bikes), get some thermal material and see if I can add a gasket between the block and intake manifold, and do a Maxbore port and polish. Then see what it can do in a 1/4 mile run.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #220
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Man, you've got what sounds like a good plan to me. Deka battery, interesting. Is the trade-off just not lasting as long, or?

On Wheelwell

#TeamWheelwell #ForTheBuild
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #221
MugenRep

Quote:
Man, you've got what sounds like a good plan to me. Deka battery, interesting. Is the trade-off just not lasting as long, or?
Thank you, Sir! I did have a Deka ETX for awhile on my Ep3 and it did have a shortened life of about 2 years versus 5-6 of my previous Red Top Optima battery. CC amps are lower at around 200cc to 320cc depending on the Deka chosen.