Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
thornton.as

Drives: Yaris
TRD Yaris Body Kit Help!

Hi guys, I need some assistance!

I have been searching for a body kit for my 09 model yaris and have come across one that I like (can't upload photos as writing this thread on my iPad - but take a look at this site: http://www.trdparts.jp/english/list_new-vitz.html) however trying to source this body kit from my local Toyota dealership has been painful - TRD Australia no longer exists. I have even tried contacting Toyota NZ but they "can't break their agreement with Toyota Corp Japan.

Can some help me source this body kit or point me in the direction so I can purchase this!

Thanks. Your help is much apperiacted.
thornton.as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
thornton.as

Regarding the above post, I have come across the following kit that looks very similar to the TRD version http://www.carbodykits.com/2007-2008...-Full-Kit.html.

As this kit is for a 08 model and later, I understand that the 09 model had a face lift, however after reading through the threads, is it true that in order to fit an 08 front bumper and rear bumper, I require the headlights and taillights to be changed to the 08 model - is someone able to confirm this?

Much appreciated!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
SKurj

Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ
meh... it would be nice to be able to find something reasonalbly priced... those sideskirts sell for $200 but the shipping is $300 to my part of the world... must be something wrong because i am tempted...
SKurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #4
Mizzie07
Yaris Owner

Drives: 2009 Yaris 1.8 L 2ZR-FE I4
For my part, it is excruciating to see other Yaris owners with bodykits on which at my locale, they don't even have bodykits for my Yaris. Its always Honda Jazz that has body kits here. I envy the Toyota showcase where they had Yaris from other countries brought in for show.

As you can see, I'm from the Fast and Furious generation.

Do you own an automotive site? (forum/blogging/carparts) Get ahead of your competition with automotive seo
Mizzie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
is it true that in order to fit an 08 front bumper and rear bumper, I require the headlights and taillights to be changed to the 08 model - is someone able to confirm this?
Yes. The new design changed the shape of the lights, and therefore the body parts that meet them. Hood stayed the same though.

Also, USDM bumpers are deeper than overseas, so we have to source overseas frame bracing to go with imported bumpers. Don't know if you have that problem or not.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #6
thornton.as

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Yes. The new design changed the shape of the lights, and therefore the body parts that meet them. Hood stayed the same though.

Also, USDM bumpers are deeper than overseas, so we have to source overseas frame bracing to go with imported bumpers. Don't know if you have that problem or not.
Thanks heaps for your help. I'll have to wait and see once I purchase and fit the body kit to see if I need any additional parts but will let you know. Once again thanks for you help.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
rapev-8

Drives: toyota
will the 2006-08 front lip fit on the 09+ front bumper? i know the fog lights are different but will it still work?
rapev-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
Kongo-Otto

Drives: '09 Yaris & '10 Auris
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapev-8 View Post
will the 2006-08 front lip fit on the 09+ front bumper? i know the fog lights are different but will it still work?
No. Slightly different shape.
Kongo-Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
davidbrett
I've made a post!

Drives: FJ Cruiser
Smile Toyota

Hi

Toyota is currently testing its "Toyota Plug-in HV" in Japan, the United States, and Europe. Like GM's Volt, it uses a lithium-ion battery pack.

davidbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
OTA'sTOY
DAT'S RIGHT I GOTz 2

Drives: '10 5dr
^^^^^^^^^^^^

OTA'sTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Hes new to the forum give him a break, he was probably trying to make a thread.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #12
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Fail lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body kits, trd body kits, trd yaris