Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 AM   #1
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
fast scooters....

ZOOM-ZOOM.....

OK GUYS, DOES ANYONE ONE OF YOU OWN A GAS "KICK TYPE" SCOOTER???

and have you done mods on it to beat your Yaris' to 25MPH?

POST SOME PICS... I'm tired I cant compose this right, but you get the idea.
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
forpinks

does anyone have this x19???
Old 03-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
The green one would be sick. However, you would have to register and insure it, which also means a motorcycle license.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
forpinks

darn! I need one without the pesky motorcycle license ... its just a little bike !!!

is there a "NO LICENSE REQUIRED" pocket bike that goes kinda fast -
"like up to 60MPH??...

please!!! I'm going to modify it "including gears and bore/port and polish it" and then race it to 40MPH with my old AE92 DX sedan A/T.

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
Old 03-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
yeah, I had a 50cc pocket bike for a little while...till they made them illigal to ride anywhere on in my city...cant ride them even on the sidewalks or side of the road...doesnt matter...I got pulled over by a cop for riding on the side of the road in town at 20mph in full safety gear with a DOT approved helmet...bastige made me walk it home and gave me a warning.

p.s. but they let you ride the stupid stand up scooters, just no pocket bikes
Old 03-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
SailDesign

Drives: .
Forpinks,
The mo'bike licence is so frikkin simple to get, you really, REALLY shouldn't be riding one if you are too dumb to pass the test. If you're too lazy ,well, that's your problem, innit?
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
forpinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Forpinks,
The mo'bike licence is so frikkin simple to get, you really, REALLY shouldn't be riding one if you are too dumb to pass the test. If you're too lazy ,well, that's your problem, innit?
uuhhh... actually you need a proof of insurance for the 699 dollar bike... you need it registered too.. thats why it sucks!!! I want one without a license...

Old 03-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I'm still puzzled over WHY anyone would want one? Sure they look cool... until you stick someone on it. Then you look like a freakin' clown.

They shouldn't require helmets, they should require Shriner hats and oversized bowties.

~YR
Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #9
forpinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
I'm still puzzled over WHY anyone would want one? Sure they look cool... until you stick someone on it. Then you look like a freakin' clown.

They shouldn't require helmets, they should require Shriner hats and oversized bowties.

~YR
Then lets see you riding a stand up scooter with a motor??? anyway those pocket bike go quite fast for its size...

Old 03-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
Yaris Revenge

pinks... ALL scooters look gay. Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea, but there's just something emasculating about little toy-sized two-wheelers. Cool gadgets though... they are indeed pretty quick. I'm sure they're a blast, if you can get over the image (I must just be too vain to appreciate them!).

~YR
Old 03-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
"scooters are like fat chicks. They're a lot of fun to ride until your friends see you on one"

No idea where I read this, but it summarises this all pretty well

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I know the licensing laws pretty well for small engine bikes/scooters. I know that if you get a 50cc or less moped/scooter/bike in Washington state you only need a drivers license. Anything over that you need a motorcycle endorsement. I have a modded '04 Yamaha Zuma that I took the test on (by far the SMALLEST engine there) and I passed the test first try, perfect score. Now I can ride any size bike with my endorsement, and it costs and extra 25 bucks when I have to renew every 5 years. Oh, my zuma with all its mods would easily beat any car off the line to 50mph. I constantly raced all types of cars and won. One guy in a mazda got pretty pissed that a dorky blue scooter whipped him, even in the long stretch. The only downside (other than being seen on a scooter) is that my MPG went from 78mpg to the mid 30's, and reliability went to shit. I did learn my lesson though, if you want something faster, buy something that was supposed to go fast. If you mod something that was meant to top out at 40mph (got it up to 65mph on flat roads), your going to run into problems. That is another reason why I am going to keep the engine mods to a minimum in my yaris. I want to keep its reliability and gas mileage.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #13
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
A 50cc scooter is a toy. Its like a Power Wheels Hummer. You can have fun on it, but if you take it on public roads you're a tool.

If you're dying for a scooter, Honda makes some really nice ones that can actually get you places on real roads.

Then again, you could let your balls drop and buy a REAL MOTORCYCLE.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
Yaris Revenge

Exactly, Chino!

~YR
Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #15
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I kinda figured that out after buying it. I did have a 70cc engine on it, but they kept crapping out. My main reason for getting the non-ball dropped 50cc scooter was the fact that I didn't need a motorcycle endorsement. But now that I have that, I will be buying a real motorcycle. I was actually ready to buy a nice 750cc one, even had financing setup and everything. But then I got a flyer from my local toyota dealership saying that you could win a free yaris if you came in, I had to go. Didn't end up winning one but did buy one, so the motorcycle itch was put to rest for now. I am over my scooter days thankfully, it just left me wanting a LOT more. I know this is off topic, but can anyone recommend a good cruising bike that I might be able to find used for around $1200 or so? At least 750cc too. Anyone looking to buy a used scooter? lol
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #16
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
I would kill for the Aprillia rs50. It is a sick scooter.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote