Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Vacationed in Italy - Brought home a D4D diesel Yaris

I just came back from an amazing two week vacation in Italy. Our tour took us from as far South as the Island of Capri to as far North as just over the border in Lugano Switzerland. In the 1000+ miles that we traveled, I was glad to see a large quantity and variety of Yaris (1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and Yaris Hybrids). After having an opportunity to put my hands on a Yaris D4D diesel at a dealership in France, two Summers ago, I really wanted to bring home a diesel with me and this trip I was finally able to:

Unfortunately, it is a MiniChamps 1:43 scale, so I won't be able to enjoy the purr of the 1NDTV. In our travels I did see quite a few automotive junkyards and was able to get contact info, so perhaps a 1NDTV engine will be in my future.

Before I headed to Italy I contacted some of the people from Yaris Club Italia and was hoping to have the opportunity to meet them, but I never seemed to stop moving long enough to make contact. I did have the opportunity to speak with a couple of Yaris owners while standing in line in Gelato shops in various cities. All but one Yaris that I saw in my travels were completely stock. The one modified one that I saw was in Rome, and was a 1st gen with a carbon fiber hood, rally spoiler, rims, and suspension mods. Unfortunately, I didn't catch a picture of it.

I did snap pics of quite a few Yaris, including some in some pretty cool locations:

In front of the Colosseum in Rome:

In front of the Vatican:

Parked against the Roman walls in Verona:

Headed down the mountain on the Island of Capri:

A third gen advertising the "Nouva (new) Yaris" in Milan:

A Yaris Hybrid in front of the Milan airport:

A Yaris Hybrid in front of a dealership in Verona:

Two in a row, outside my hotel window, in front of the Villa Borghese Gardens in Rome: