Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-04-2016, 05:44 AM   #1
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
ATF flush after 45,000KM

i finally flushed my ATF after 45,000KM..some people say you dont need to flush them or change them at 100,000km etc...
i rather flush them out and put fresh fluid since i down shift often or shift through gears on my automatic transmission..
after we took out the fluid with them sucking machine thing, it was pretty burnt and dark af...
gear shifts much smoother and feels much better after the fresh atf...
rather safe than sorry..enjoy!! 😆😆😆😆

Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem

Last edited by rabbito; 09-04-2016 at 11:47 PM.
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
LTHatch

Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
Do you have a transmission cooler installed? Given you manually shift your auto, better safe than sorry.
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHatch View Post
Do you have a transmission cooler installed? Given you manually shift your auto, better safe than sorry.
transmission cooler? 😣....dude..auto = its a torque converter....😅
no, i dont have them installed..😂

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2016, 11:54 PM   #4
jefferelli

Drives: 08 Yaris HB
I think your automatic transmission should already have a stock cooler by the radiator. (at least I assume the AT Yaris has one). I never really looked at the yaris for a cooler. On my AT 4runner it is built into the radiator ( I had to swap it out a couple months ago). But this was a good reminder that I should probably go ahead and swap my fluid in the Yaris. I am a little over 100,000 so def due. But now I will look for the cooler while I am under it out of curiosity.

What kind of transmission fluid did you use? I was just going to go with Toyota atf ws but looks like you used something different in the pic?
jefferelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:00 AM   #5
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferelli View Post
I think your automatic transmission should already have a stock cooler by the radiator. (at least I assume the AT Yaris has one). I never really looked at the yaris for a cooler. On my AT 4runner it is built into the radiator ( I had to swap it out a couple months ago). But this was a good reminder that I should probably go ahead and swap my fluid in the Yaris. I am a little over 100,000 so def due. But now I will look for the cooler while I am under it out of curiosity.

What kind of transmission fluid did you use? I was just going to go with Toyota atf ws but looks like you used something different in the pic?
its also toyota ws fluid..only the packaging looks different...
i mean its only $50 here with the labor...not even a labor, machine with a sucker that just sticks in..i will just change mine every 40k...😅

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk