Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #19
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
is this recall or up in the great white north as well?

I haven't received anything about a spiral cable or seat track. The only recall I have had for my '08 sedan is the electrical window motor regrease.
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #20
Corsair

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Not sure but you can go to safercar.gov i believe put in your vin and it will tell you of any outstanding recalls.
Corsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #21
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post

Yes it is. Look at my profile info. Georgetown, Ontario.

I was beginning to think I wasn't going to receive the letter but it eventually arrived two weeks ago. You don't need the letter. Your car IS affected so just book the service appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #22
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post

I haven't received anything about a spiral cable or seat track. The only recall I have had for my '08 sedan is the electrical window motor regrease.
Go here and enter your VIN and you'll see all the recalls that will apply to your car for Canada: https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/secu.../recall-alerts

You could probably also go to your dealership and ask them about it. It should show up on their computers. I went today and got both the seat and spiral cable done in about 2 hours 20 minutes. I only received the letter for the seat rail yesterday, but when I made the appointment last week, it showed up on their computer.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #23
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Yes just go to any Toyota dealer they will enter Vin and it will show recall's for ur car ...we are doing spiral and now seat rails on 3 door HB that are a pain specially the passenger seat...grrr lol
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #24
CB Spoolmak

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Question Seat Rails for both seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
Yes just go to any Toyota dealer they will enter Vin and it will show recall's for ur car ...we are doing spiral and now seat rails on 3 door HB that are a pain specially the passenger seat...grrr lol
So the seat rail recall is for both seats? My coworker has a 3 door hatch & after the seat rail recall was done her drivers seat is much higher than it was & the passenger seat is still original height. Just what I was told.... didn't verify visually, lol.
CB Spoolmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Thanks for the info guys, I'll head to the dealer over my Xmas break
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #26
Sir A.Y. Atoyot

Drives: '08 5-door
Spiral cable, seat rail AND oil/filter change and car wash all in around 2½ hours on Tuesday. Since I have the free oil changes for life, no money changed hands that day. My dealership (Peace Arch Toyota in South Surrey) seems to be pretty good, comparatively speaking.
Sir A.Y. Atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #27
shepd

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 door RS
Depending on the dealer you go to, you might want to book now if you're planning to get it done around xmas. I went to the dealer in my area and they say they're only willing to do one recall vehicle a day. That meant that my booking earlier this week was for the 12th of December. Soonest they'd be willing to do it. According to them it will take them the entire day to do two seat rails, the spiral wiring, and to change the gear oil (just had the car oil sprayed, not interested in getting all gooped up in the winter).

Honestly, if they'd give me the parts, I'd do it all without instructions on their lift in 2 hours flat, and I take my time on my own car. I can't figure how the heck their techs are so SLOW. LOL! At least they have a shuttle. :D
shepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:15 PM   #28
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
I Just got both recall issues repaired today.

The service writer assured me it would only take two hours...... it took over three hours.

Also, they tried to sell me a new battery..... there is absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have .
Then, they wanted to sell me an oil change....... I just changed it last month .

After politely telling the mechanic that I would not even be back at the dealer if it was not for the recall and I certainly would never buy a battery from, them if I ever needed one , he smiled knowingly and said, "OK, I understand".
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #29
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
I'm at the service center right now. The appointment was schedule for 7 am with a 3 hour waiting estimate. It's 11:06 am and I'm still waiting, but it should be over soon. The customer lounge is pretty nice!!
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote