Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
Couple new cars (Suzuki Cappuccino / Civic Si)

I picked up a couple of new cars recently to add to my growing collection.

The first one was a 1997 Suzuki Cappuccino

Literally searched for over 2 years for a perfect one.

This 1997 EA21R was a Tokyo car its whole life, with only one owner before me and a complete service history and documented mileage (I got almost all the Shaken sheets)

It had 29,733 KM when I bought it and the underside looks like its never been driven in the rain.

In the first week of owning it I did some tasteful JDM enhancements including 14" TE37's / Espelir lowering springs and just today an HKS muffler and midpipe.

Compared to my Autozam AZ1, this thing drives a million times better!

3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
3cyltrbo

the other recent purchase was a 2018 Civic Si coupe

Had my eye on the 10th Gen Civic Coupe Si ever since it came out.

Thought about getting a Type R, but I just can't get past how ugly it is (I think the coupe is a BILLION times better looking personally),.... plus this thing was almost half the price after all the discounts I got.

Here were the discounts I got.

-Honda Canada 2018 Clearout = $750 off
-Honda Canada Returning customer discount = $1000 off
-Honda Canada Returning customer Interest rate reduction (1% reduction) = $1300 saved in interest.
-Honda Canada discount for Govt employee = $500 off
-Dealership discount = $1850 off

Grand total = Half the price of a Type R (plus Type R's in Canada can only be had at 5.5% interest instead of 1.5%)

Lowering springs and Camber arms are in the mail, Buddy Club flat bottom steering wheel was in my hands a month before the car.......still deliberating on wheels.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Love the Cappuccino.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
Whiplash

Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
How hard was it to import your AZ1 and Suzuki? I think about doing it often, but I can never pull the trigger because I think the shops around here won't want to go near it since it's so foreign to them.
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #5
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
first Cappuccino ive seen

justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
3cyltrbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Love the Cappuccino.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #8
3cyltrbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
How hard was it to import your AZ1 and Suzuki? I think about doing it often, but I can never pull the trigger because I think the shops around here won't want to go near it since it's so foreign to them.
Hey Whiplash.

Honestly it wasn't hard at all. I researched all the importers in Canada and I went with one in London, Ontario and now after receiving 4 cars from the same importer, I'm glad I went that route.

Importing on your own is a little bit cheaper, but I honestly didn't have to do any work at all, nothing /nada / zilch. It was literally a turnkey experience, and I dare say even easier than buying a second hand car locally.

As for parts and support, my importer is happy to support their customers by importing the necessary maintenance items (water pumps / timing belt kits / brakes and pads etc....).

I do most of my own wrenching, but any independent garage would find working on JDM Kei cars to be a simple task.

When you're ready to import, consider the company I worked with....they are called bonsairides.com, and you can talk to the owner "Craig" and tell him Will sent you.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #9
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Coincidentally, saw my first Cappuccino weekend before last in a Burger King parking lot. Fell in love with it. Was a little bit dinged up tho. Really, really cool tiny car.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #10
Whiplash

Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cyltrbo View Post
Hey Whiplash.

Honestly it wasn't hard at all. I researched all the importers in Canada and I went with one in London, Ontario and now after receiving 4 cars from the same importer, I'm glad I went that route.

Importing on your own is a little bit cheaper, but I honestly didn't have to do any work at all, nothing /nada / zilch. It was literally a turnkey experience, and I dare say even easier than buying a second hand car locally.

As for parts and support, my importer is happy to support their customers by importing the necessary maintenance items (water pumps / timing belt kits / brakes and pads etc....).

I do most of my own wrenching, but any independent garage would find working on JDM Kei cars to be a simple task.

When you're ready to import, consider the company I worked with....they are called bonsairides.com, and you can talk to the owner "Craig" and tell him Will sent you.
Will do. Now I'm strongly considering getting rid of the yaris :)
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote