Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #109
nmgolfer

Drives: Barcelona Red '09 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDu.de View Post
Density (ie mass) and air pressure (ie the distance between molecules) are two different things. I've already made my points nor should I bother repeating them because you'll think whatever conspiracy theory websites tell you no matter what evidence there is to the contrary.
I also think that corporations have too much control of our government, and I went to private schools.
All governments are founded as collectives, that's what a government is. As Abe said "of the people, by the people, for the people."
Just because you are older than me doesn't mean you are smarter than me.
You should have payed better attention during "private" indoctrination classes. Density is mass per volume. You haven't a clue what either collectivism or individualism is because you are unread. Pick up Road to Serfdom and learn. No need to repeat your points because they're all wrong. Fact is you have no idea what you are talking about do you. Pressure is not "distance between molecules" LOL.. pressure is how much energy those molecules have! PV=rhoRT

about "conspiracy theories"

... that term was created by a government think tank back in the 60's to de-rate and ridicule anything not broadcast by the official news media (aka Edward Bernays Propaganda machine) on the evening news ... there was a famous man that once said ... "never attribute to conspiracy that which can amply be attributed to the actions of a bunch of greedy stupid self serving men in power"

Last edited by nmgolfer; 09-10-2010 at 11:53 PM.
nmgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #110
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
It is pure madness to think that anything man has done could have such an effect on that cycle.
So I guess the hole in the ozone layer created by the use of CFC's was also a natural process?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #111
fmicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrr View Post
Sniffing weed? Talk about being educated on the subject you preach.

Oh and weed doesn't give you cancer, its a treatment for cancer patients.
It's called "figure of speech"...

And by the way weed doesn't TREAT cancer, it makes the symptoms manageable, such as: amelioration of nausea and vomiting, stimulation of hunger in chemotherapy and AIDS patients, as well as pain reliever.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #112
fmicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry G. View Post
Sorry you are wrong. I forgot to mention I run a piece of the electric grid as my job as a Transmission System Operator. Power plants DO come offline at night, not all of them of course. AGC Automatic Generation Control runs that ones that stay online, to match load with generation, EXACTLY, the less load, the less generation, the less fuel used. There is no free lunch with electricity, the power is not " getting wasted" at night, although I think some members of this forum are!
Now do some research. Fuel is needed to run the car. Either at the generation station or in your fuel tank. Which makes less pollution?. The cars of course.
Alright Sir, you got my attention. So what's the average efficiency of a typical power plant? I would think that a coal burning power plant would make more pollution than all the individual cars combined to produce the same amount of power, but how about the other types of power plants? Are they still that bad in comparison?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #113
fmicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmgolfer View Post
Just to recap...

1) Oil is made by mother earth converting (predominately) limestone under extreme heat and pressure not dead dinosaurs. Coal is desiccated oil (Made by MOTHER EARTH) and neither is running out ANYTIME soon.
Even though I mostly agree with this theory, I still think we're burning them up faster than mother nature can refill the empty wells...
Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #114
PhotoDu.de

Drives: Yaris, duh
Quote:
Pressure is not "distance between molecules" LOL.. pressure is how much energy those molecules have!
No, pressure has to deal with the amount of energy exerted on other molecules. When they are closer together, they exert more energy on each other.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #115
nmgolfer

Quote:
The problem with you comment is that the scientific consensus has been proven to be a fraud. These scientists have been manipulating data to make their claims. Twenty years ago they were saying the earth was cooling.

The earth has been in cooling and heating cycles for millions of years. It is pure madness to think that anything man has done could have such an effect on that cycle.

But just keep on believing people like Al Gore and you will be that intelligent idiot!
UP is Down... Black is White and facts don't matter to them Big Dave. They are a brainwashed (as Charlotte Iserbyt puts it: Deliberately Dumbed Down) and they are no longer capable of thinking critically .. for themselves. That part of their brain was excised. Now they rely on pied pipers and repeat what they hear from so-called "experts" like mindless automatons. In time they came to believe the lies they were tested on in school (indoctrination). Repeat a lie often enough and loud enough and these pea brained idiots we as a nation have become will accept it as truth...

"The truth is what they believe" -George Herbert Walker Bush
Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #116
nmgolfer

Quote:
No, pressure has to deal with the amount of energy exerted on other molecules. When they are closer together, they exert more energy on each other.
Pressure is FORCE per AREA! THAT IS THE DEFINITION! Again you should have paid attention... Heck I bet you haven't even a clue what force is let alone area.

L(,)(,)K! I gave you the equation! P V = rho R T

Don't you know what that is or what the variables are? Gads our school systems are sh*te
Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #117
PhotoDu.de

Quote:
Pressure is FORCE per AREA! THAT IS THE DEFINITION! Again you should have paid attention... Heck I bet you haven't even a fricken clue what force is let alone area.
Ok, pressure has to deal with the amount of energy exerted on other molecules over an area. Since there are less air molecules the higher up you go they apply less force over a certain area. You pressurize Scuba tanks so you have more air molecules.

Last edited by PhotoDu.de; 09-11-2010 at 10:52 AM.
PhotoDu.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #118
nmgolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
Even though I mostly agree with this theory, I still think we're burning them up faster than mother nature can refill the empty wells...
On what basis have you arrived at that belief? Personally I'd like to see us off oil (accept for plastics) because they're nasty caustic chemicals ... but not because we're running out anytime soon. Gulf disaster shows how nasty it is... wouldn't want to be breathing that stuff personally and I'll think twice before buying gulf shrimp again anytime soon.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #119
docB

Drives: '09 Yaris Sedan
The hole in the ozone is a funny thing. The first satellite sputnic didn't measure ozone. How does anyone know if the holes were there more than 60 years ago and do they cycle over decades or centuries? From what I read, global climate is way more influenced by the sun then by any emissions form mankind.

nmgolfer:
+1 on way too much plastic (from oil) in our lives
docB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #120
PhotoDu.de

Quote:
Originally Posted by docB View Post
The hole in the ozone is a funny thing. The first satellite sputnic didn't measure ozone. How does anyone know if the holes were there more than 60 years ago and do they cycle over decades or centuries? From what I read, global climate is way more influenced by the sun then by any emissions form mankind.

nmgolfer:
+1 on way too much plastic (from oil) in our lives
The ozone layer was discovered before sputnik.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #121
fmicle

Quote:
On what basis have you arrived at that belief?
I don't know, common sense, I would guess. I'm thinking we're only using oil in large quantities after the industrial revolution, so if Mother Earth can produce more than what we consume today and assuming that these processes have been going on for millions of years, we should be swimming in oceans of oil instead of water... I'm thinking, as with most other geological processes, the genesis of oil must be slow...
Old 09-11-2010, 03:20 AM   #122
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Quote:
The problem with you comment is that the scientific consensus has been proven to be a fraud. These scientists have been manipulating data to make their claims. Twenty years ago they were saying the earth was cooling.

The earth has been in cooling and heating cycles for millions of years. It is pure madness to think that anything man has done could have such an effect on that cycle.

But just keep on believing people like Al Gore and you will be that intelligent idiot!
06 Vette, 08 Cobalt SS, ?? Civic Del Sol, 10 Audi TT
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #123
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Density (ie mass) and air pressure (ie the distance between molecules) are two different things. I've already made my points nor should I bother repeating them because you'll think whatever conspiracy theory websites tell you no matter what evidence there is to the contrary.
I also think that corporations have too much control of our government, and I went to private schools.
All governments are founded as collectives, that's what a government is. As Abe said "of the people, by the people, for the people."
Just because you are older than me doesn't mean you are smarter than me.
says the man that criticized me that im young because he thinks im stupid......
06 Vette, 08 Cobalt SS, ?? Civic Del Sol, 10 Audi TT
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #124
PhotoDu.de

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachryboles View Post
says the man that criticized me that im young because he thinks im stupid......
I criticized you for typing like an idiot not for being young.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #125
PhotoDu.de

nmgolfer: Do you understand why air with more mass would retain heat better? Remember, I am talking about mass, not air pressure.
Also, since you claim to be so well read, what books/scientific literature have you read about climate change? Just because you read a book/blog that reaffirms your political beliefs doesn't mean you are better read than me. Until you look at the observable and objective facts you can't claim to know anything.

Last edited by PhotoDu.de; 09-11-2010 at 11:46 AM.
PhotoDu.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #126
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
If you are only using google and wikipedia you are perpetuating your own cycle of ignorance , to quote one of my teachers.
Ya, people who are wrong say that a lot.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote