Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Mud Guards - 2007 LB

I've searched and read many posts about the mud guards...but I could not find any discussion on what it takes to install, what tools, how they get connected to the car, etc....would anyone enlighten me? I've not ordered them yet, but I want to know a bit more about them before I pull the trigger...also, can anyone tell me if they are effective? Do they really keep the body cleaner, freer of debris?

Thanks in advane,
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Olavich View Post
I've searched and read many posts about the mud guards...but I could not find any discussion on what it takes to install, what tools, how they get connected to the car, etc....would anyone enlighten me? I've not ordered them yet, but I want to know a bit more about them before I pull the trigger...also, can anyone tell me if they are effective? Do they really keep the body cleaner, freer of debris?

Thanks in advane,
Pavel,
I just got a set for my birthday, and can tell you a bit...
Tools required are a philips screwdriver, a wrench, a 6mm drill (yikes!) and common sense. A few clippie-thingies are included to attach the rears. It doesn't look life-threatening, and I think the drill is for the rear bumper (plastic?)
As far as keeping mud and stuff off the car, if they are as effective as the shorties I had on my Fiat in England, they will be next to useless, but they do look nice
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I installed a full set on my LB. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. The dealer wanted $75 to install and I wasn't going to pay them that much. I found it easiest to remove the rear wheels to install the back guards, and to just turn the tires for the front. The ONLY part of the car you have to drill is plastic, and it goes through pretty easily. Just make sure you save these locking pins that come with the car. I got mine from sparks toyota and they shipped with VERY easy to read & follow directions. As far as keeping crap off of the car, it does a decent job. I got them because my old astro van had a lot of rock chips behind the wheels (no flaps at all) and I wanted to keep my new Yaris as nice as possible. Hope this helps a bit!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
AstroMan & SailDesign, thanks!
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote