Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #19
Marfulion

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
if you pull the high beam lever just a little bit before it locks on, then the highbeams will come on at the same time as the low beams and foglights, off course you have to hold it at that position with your hand.
Marfulion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #20
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
I have been having trouble with my foglights lately using the factory stalk and I finally got the supposed "correct" relay which is 90080-80726 I believe. Now my fogs only turn on when the highbeams are on and will stay on when they are switched off. However, they still will not turn on when I have my lowbeams switched on. Guess I just have to switch on my highs quick just to get my fogs on because I've exhausted everything I can think of to get them working the way they should.
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 AM   #21
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm07yaris View Post
I have been having trouble with my foglights lately using the factory stalk and I finally got the supposed "correct" relay which is 90080-80726 I believe. Now my fogs only turn on when the highbeams are on and will stay on when they are switched off. However, they still will not turn on when I have my lowbeams switched on. Guess I just have to switch on my highs quick just to get my fogs on because I've exhausted everything I can think of to get them working the way they should.
Please talk to Garm it is diffently the incorrect relay , PLEASE.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #22
window_lee

Drives: Yaris RS 2007
easiest way is to ground the orange wire
window_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #23
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yes, certainly the easiest, but in that case the fogs could be on all the time, even with the key out of the car, so there's always a risk of forgetting them and draining the battery

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #24
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Thanks everybody for you input.

I know in Massachusetts it's illegal to have more than 2 lights "on" facing forward (that is why I dislike people with their fog lights "on" when there is no fog)

My point is that I drive a lot in back roads late at night lots of woods around here with dears and all kind of animals and when I'm using high beam there is an area right in front of my car that I would like to have more vision.

My low beam illuminates that area very well but then I would like to see far away with my high beam.

That is way I would like to have high beam and fog lights at the same time.

Thanks again.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #25
SailDesign

Drives: .
I know that in England, (I grew up there) the foglights (i.e. below the bumper) can only be on with low beams or sidelights. Spotlights (above the bumper) can only be on with the high beams.
In the States? I guess anything goes, as long as there are no lights on the roof... I had a VW set up English-style, spots on with high beams, and never had a problem with the cops. Well, not because of lights, anyway.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #26
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
Most states let you run fog lights with your low beams and parking lights. But I think every state makes you cut them off with your high beams. There are laws that deal with how much light you can put out.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #27
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebob View Post
Most states let you run fog lights with your low beams and parking lights.
In Massachusetts only when bad weather.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
This is one of the reasons I do not do much to customize the stuff I drive. I end up driving in the 48 states and in Canada and there is no way to know what cop in what state is going to get you on what. I have not wanted fog lights but 2 times so far with my Yaris and I know a few states are picky with them.