Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #55
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcvmini View Post
I just installed the ATOTO A6 and it is by far the best budget android head unit I've worked with. Price is VERY reasonable and the accessories are good like the dash cam. Just a usb plug and play and is run by a nice app on the console.

Best thing about the ATOTO was that it has a "2 second" on
Just looked at it on Amazon. Looks like a nice unit. You need a bezel for that unit, correct? My attraction to many of the android units is their factory fit feature. My boot up time is considerably more than 2 seconds - maybe in the order of 15 seconds. My new unit also starts with ignition on and I'm getting used to that.

Enjoy your new head unit. They are awesome!

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #56
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Just looked at it on Amazon. Looks like a nice unit. You need a bezel for that unit, correct? My attraction to many of the android units is their factory fit feature. My boot up time is considerably more than 2 seconds - maybe in the order of 15 seconds. My new unit also starts with ignition on and I'm getting used to that.

I didn't need to buy a dash kit because my stereo wasn't an integrated one. I used the stock bezel panel and the stereo almost fits. There are two gaps on each side but there are filler pieces available on ebay. I bought a filler piece kit for $2 which is fair considering they are just plastic.

I have it installed now without the filler pieces and you can see right into the dash on each gap but everything works fine till the parts come in the mail.
rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #57
rcvmini

Quote:

Also the MAIN reason I bought the ATOTO was the "2 second" on instead waiting for it to boot up. It is almost an instant on IMO. The 2nd reason I bought the ATOTO is the dash cam integrates very well via a USB specific to the head unit and is specifically designed to work together.

Overall the reviews were very good. I picked up the cheapest unit which was about $240 canadian, dash cam was about $30 and back up camera was generic so all in less then $300.

That is a good deal considering my mini van has a separate dash cam, separate rear-view reverse cam, and then I was using dongles for blue tooth to the stock radio. Non of which worked very well independently. All those bits and pieces added up to about less then $100 but then I didn't have Google maps/GPS and a simple way of paying media.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #58
06YarisRS

Quote:
Also the MAIN reason I bought the ATOTO was the "2 second" on instead waiting for it to boot up. It is almost an instant on IMO. The 2nd reason I bought the ATOTO is the dash cam integrates very well via a USB specific to the head unit and is specifically designed to work together.

Overall the reviews were very good. I picked up the cheapest unit which was about $240 canadian, dash cam was about $30 and back up camera was generic so all in less then $300.

That is a good deal considering my mini van has a separate dash cam, separate rear-view reverse cam, and then I was using dongles for blue tooth to the stock radio. Non of which worked very well independently. All those bits and pieces added up to about less then $100 but then I didn't have Google maps/GPS and a simple way of paying media.
Yeah, the reviews are very positive. I also noted that your onboard memory is 2G RAM and 32G ROM. That's a nice feature! I love these android radios and I've had them in several of my last vehicles. I celebrated the day I could put gigs of songs on a tiny microSd card and just plug it in and play. Are you familiar with PowerAmp? If not, maybe check it out. Among other great features, it really gives the sound quality a significant boost.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...layer&hl=en_CA

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 09-24-2018, 01:08 AM   #59
rcvmini

Quote:
Yeah, the reviews are very positive. I also noted that your onboard memory is 2G RAM and 32G ROM. That's a nice feature! I love these android radios and I've had them in several of my last vehicles. I celebrated the day I could put gigs of songs on a tiny microSd card and just plug it in and play. Are you familiar with PowerAmp? If not, maybe check it out. Among other great features, it really gives the sound quality a significant boost.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...layer&hl=en_CA
I bought the cheaper 1gig ram 16gb storage and haven't really had a problem with it running fast enough for all my needs. The music and bluetooh integration is great.

The only thing I should have thought about was getting the model with the physical buttons instead of the soft buttons. The softbuttons look better but physical buttons are better for using it without having to look.

I'm thinking of putting little nubs or something near the soft buttons so I can find them without looking at them when driving.

Their is a deluxe (pro) model comes with a toyota harness (for wiring) built in AND has gesture controls. as well as the 2gb ram and 32 gig hard drive. THinking back it was only an extra 60 bucks more and might have been worth it'
Old 09-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #60
06YarisRS

Quote:

The only thing I should have thought about was getting the model with the physical buttons instead of the soft buttons. The softbuttons look better but physical buttons are better for using it without having to look.

I'm thinking of putting little nubs or something near the soft buttons so I can find them without looking at them when driving.
Hmmm, I like that idea. You're totally right about the driving distraction associated with the soft buttons. Do you think that nubs would interfere with the capacitive screen? If not, I may give that a try. Let me know if you do it, what you used and if it works. Since I have no steering wheel controls, I'm thinking about getting this and mounting the pads on the back of the steering wheel:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multifuncti...t/382323673079