Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #18
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
OK, I took a flashlight out, turned the wheel both directions and looked at the best I could. I felt it and didn't feel any torn spots, but I couldn't feel the entire thing. I also shined the flashlight all underneath my car and I see no grease whatsoever. I'm amazed how clean it is underneath there since it's been 3 weeks since I had it washed.

So for now, I think I'll have Car-X take a look at it. This one store is really good with female customers, not taking them for things that don't need repaired. The last time I was there was due to a road noise I heard at certain speeds that wasn't there before. The Car-X mechanic spent 40 minutes inspecting it, including taking it out for a drive and concluded it was my tires that were making the noise, showing me where the treadwall was separating. I thought it was a bearing. And no charge for what they did.
The only car I've ever owned that had 'weak' CV boots (ones that tore at all...and did so multiple times ) was a GTI. I eventually found a boot product that was tough and constructed as (for lack of a better term) the two pieces of a clam shell glued back together. I just tore the ripped boot off, applied the proper grease/whatever that was required, put the glue that came with the boot along one edge, put the boot on, and applied pressure for as long as the directions stated. No issues after that. I don't know if these are still available, but I'd bet that your boot isn't even torn. It sounds as though Car-X will be honest with you .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote