Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
RTW YARIS

Drives: 4x4 EGG
Parts compatibility with other cars?

Since I am new to the Yaris world, I am still learning the ins and outs. From what I have seen, there are other versions of the Yaris offered in other parts of the world and some markets dont even call it a Yaris. Is there a central area where all these different markets and their differences are posted? Are there any central places to order parts for the different markets for my USDM Yaris?

Secondly, is there any central place with explanation on parts that are compatible with the Yaris? For instance, will a Scion xA rear sway bar or strut bar fit on the Yaris? What chassis and platforms are compatible with the Yaris?

Coming from the Honda world, a lot of this stuff was mix and match so Im just trying to get a better feel for what will work and what wont.
'07 Yaris LB
RTW YARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
xpeteyjtx

Drives: 07 BB Yaris
you have a 4x4 yaris?
xpeteyjtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
RTW YARIS

yeah doesnt everyone :P
'07 Yaris LB
Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW YARIS View Post
Since I am new to the Yaris world, I am still learning the ins and outs. From what I have seen, there are other versions of the Yaris offered in other parts of the world and some markets dont even call it a Yaris. Is there a central area where all these different markets and their differences are posted? Are there any central places to order parts for the different markets for my USDM Yaris?

Secondly, is there any central place with explanation on parts that are compatible with the Yaris? For instance, will a Scion xA rear sway bar or strut bar fit on the Yaris? What chassis and platforms are compatible with the Yaris?

Coming from the Honda world, a lot of this stuff was mix and match so Im just trying to get a better feel for what will work and what wont.
Answers to the following questions
Is there a central area where all these different markets and their differences are posted? No, but 90% of the car is the same check out this thread for some of the better parts and accessories from over seas
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=group+buy
Are there any central places to order parts for the different markets for my USDM Yaris? See above thread, Thomas aka ETIMAGO will do a group buy now and again so we can get parts from the Yaris aftermarket capitol of the world, Thailand

No, no, and nada.... we are on our own, nothin is realy compatible with the Yaris with out retrofitment, or heavily modifying either our car or the part, it would be cheeper and easier just to buy the proper part for our car in the first place

here is one of the kick ass companies that has been custom making parts for our car
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToyYarisGB.htm
we all have been VERY, happy with the quality of parts, and customer service they have provided
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW YARIS View Post
yeah doesnt everyone :P
drop that bitch
Old 08-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpeteyjtx View Post
you have a 4x4 yaris?
I wish someone would realy import a AWD Vitz to the states so the drive train can be analized.... to see of it can be retro fitted to the FWD Yarii
Old 08-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
RTW YARIS

thanks for the info. Im really surprised some parts from something like the xA dont fit on the yaris. ah well.

springs have already been ordered ;)
'07 Yaris LB
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #8
tim584

Drives: Silver Yaris Sedan march 2007
Hi, many parts of daihatsu sirion are compatible with yaris models, like interior electric switchs for power side mirror.
tim584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim584 View Post
Hi, many parts of daihatsu sirion are compatible with yaris models, like interior electric switchs for power side mirror.
sorry no such car here in the US