Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #253
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Thanks, just ordered from TRDSparks. Should be getting the fogs, OEM combo stalk, shrouds, clutch switch, and boss this weekend to go with the cruise stalk. I figure I'll pull the steering wheel once and be done with it.
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #254
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
CTScott, I checked every pin (just to be sure) on those two IC's (IC500,IC501) and the pins for the blank spot where the third IC should go (IC502). Nothing :( they were all the same after I hit the Cruise switch. I grounded my meter to the frame and checked the pins with the red lead of the meter while it was on DC Voltage "20V" setting. That's how I do it right (I don't think I'm that dumb, but just to make sure) I guess it's not gunna happen the easy way as usual :)
Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #255
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhjort View Post
CTScott, I checked every pin (just to be sure) on those two IC's (IC500,IC501) and the pins for the blank spot where the third IC should go (IC502). Nothing :( they were all the same after I hit the Cruise switch. I grounded my meter to the frame and checked the pins with the red lead of the meter while it was on DC Voltage "20V" setting. That's how I do it right (I don't think I'm that dumb, but just to make sure) I guess it's not gunna happen the easy way as usual :)

Sounds like you tested it correctly. As PK mentioned prior, there was little chance that it would be there, but it was worth a shot. I have to order some parts today for another project, so I'll order what I need as well to test my method of lighting your LED.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #256
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Awsome. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #257
stran

Drives: '07 Yaris 3D HB Auto
CTScott and nickhjort, you guys are awesome. keep up the good work.

this info is super helpful. i will do this on my car once i have some downtime. i have an 07 auto, FYI.
stran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #258
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Thanks. It feels good to be able to actually help for once instead of just sucking in all the information and hard work of others to make my car better :) I like being one of the first to do a mod.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #259
MGargano

This is a little off topic but does anyone out there know where I can find the leather wrapped steering wheel? Even just the toyota part number would be great
Old 05-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #260
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
This is a little off topic but does anyone out there know where I can find the leather wrapped steering wheel? Even just the toyota part number would be great
"a little off topic?"
Old 05-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #261
MGargano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
"a little off topic?"
Ok... a lot off topic. It's just that I'm pulling the steering wheel to install the cruise and fog light stalks, so I thought if I could find the leather steering wheel I'd be able to do it all at the same time.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #262
mariann

Drives: yaris 2007
guys. TCScott, nickhjort, i need help.
thats what i did. i build a prototype remote with the swich assembly in it.one swich sends a 0.0002 ohm and the other sends 630ohm.
(view pictures in super size by clicking on it)

thats my car to get the impression its the SOL model hatchback 2007.

ok one wire from the resistors side as nickhjort and TSCott did (the red wire) connected to pin 40

and the black wire from the other button side i connected to some grounded wire i found. then started to drive and testing it. as soon i pressd the on-off button the "check engine" light turnd on.
i turnd off the car and then started my engine on. now no light are on. i pressd the on-off button again and now no warning light turning on - wich is good. but no respond from the cruise controll. no respond to pressing the set button. thr car continue to listen my gas pedal.

anyway. i got home and tested the wires. seems that i dont have anough ground in the wires (22.1 U) so i took the black ground wire from the swich assembly and connected him directly to the battery negetive terminal

now we have an exellant ground

anyway i tried the system again on the highway and yet. no response.

and then i figure that i dont actually have a manual transsmision nor automatic transmission. i have a robotic transmission. so maybe the ECM based on MT maybe i need to jump a cluch swich (even that i dont have cluch)

i opend the fuse box

and there isnt the cluch blue wire in the connector. i can see another blue wire. but i think its isnt the cluch wire

please help
mariann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #263
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

All I can say is to pull the wire from the ecm connector and check that it is making good contact with the pin on the ecm. Make sure that you stripped the wire back far enough so that the copper pushes out of the hole just a little bit that way you know it's gunna hit (see picture). Just make sure they're in pin #40 hole...not #29 like I had them in the picture :)

Check all your connections (solder points, ground points, etc.)

Also, just to be certain, your resistors are on the side of the switches going to pin#40 right? Not on the ground side? And remember, the switch sending 0 ohms is the on/off and the one with 630 ohms is the set.

As for the transmission, I'm not really sure the difference between the "robotic" and automatic. You definatly don't have the clutch switch wire, so don't worry about that. Maybe CTScott knows exactly what's wrong. Sorry I can't help more
Old 05-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #264
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Hmmmm, I'd really like to see the wiring diagram for your car to see what the differences are.

In the under-hood fuse box, where the blue wire should be for the clutch switch on a MT, there should be a park/neutral blue wire on an AT car.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #265
mariann

i'm preety sure that the 40'th pin contacting the wire. i couldent get the wire out a little bit because the wire was too wide to the pin hole. but its gone all the way in and can see it from the other side.

the wire to that pin is connected to the resistors side of the buttons.
the first button givs about 0U and the second button with the resistor at one side givs 0.630 (3 resistors 120/120/390 ohm) it connected like TCScott's module but with another resistors.

this is a prototype i havent weld any connection yet. just catch the wire ectch other and used isolear-band...

any ideas?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #266
mariann

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Hmmmm, I'd really like to see the wiring diagram for your car to see what the differences are.

In the under-hood fuse box, where the blue wire should be for the clutch switch on a MT, there should be a park/neutral blue wire on an AT car.
oooops... so your telling me that i dont have the cruise controll abillity in my car?
i dont think the toyota dealer/gerage will give me a wire diagram...
any ideas?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #267
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariann View Post
oooops... so your telling me that i dont have the cruise controll abillity in my car?
i dont think the toyota dealer/gerage will give me a wire diagram...
any ideas?
Can you PM me the VIN number for your car?

I am looking at the wiring diagrams now for European Yaris and I see no mention of cruise control for any of the Yaris from 2005-2009.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #268
mariann

where i can find the VIN number? driver side door frame? driver book?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #269
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariann View Post
where i can find the VIN number? driver side door frame? driver book?
Either on the drivers side door frame label, or on a metal tag, where the dashboard meets the windshield, that is visible from the outside of the car, or under the hood, above the engine, in the center.

I think the VIN is 12 or 13 characters.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #270
mariann

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Either on the drivers side door frame label, or on a metal tag, where the dashboard meets the windshield, that is visible from the outside of the car, or under the hood, above the engine, in the center.

I think the VIN is 12 or 13 characters.
i'v PM you but just in case
there are two numbers

VNKKL98377A070674
and
SCP90L-CHGGKW