Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
bob2611

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 VVTi
Dashcam and/or Rear View camera

Hi Everyone

I have recently purchased a 2007 Toyota Yari hatchback 1.0 VVTi (and am new to the forum).

I was thinking about getting a dashcam and/or a rear view cam.

My initial thought was to get a Dashcam with a camera at the front and back but then saw that there is an rear view camera that fits in to the reg light at the back (and use my go pro as my front camera).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/700TV..._qi=RTM1889401

I was wondering if anyone knew how easy is it to fit this. Are there cables inside the car or will I have to run cables from the back to the front and fit a TV screen on the front? Is there a wireless option that I don't know about ?

The alternate is a dashcam. Again same issue. I have never fiddled with cars. How easy is it to fit. Is there a wireless battery operated cams that I can fit at the front and back of my car that I don't know about. I know some people are recommending the ones that go on the mirror. That will mean I have have a cable dangling down from mirror. I'd like to avoid that.

Any help is appreciated
bob2611 is offline   Reply With Quote